D I N N E R

V A N E S S A

"Hey mom." I come downstairs and go to the fridge while my mom reads a magazine at the island.

"Hi sweetheart. How was your day?" She asks, flipping the page of her magazine.

"Good. I took a shower."

"Good, Faust made dinner renovations for us at a fancy country club."

"Oh?"

"It'll be nice. We're leaving in an hour."

"Alright."

"There's a dress in my room I want you to wear, I put a sticky note on it."

"Okay, thanks mom."

"No problem honey." She smiles and I walk back up the marble staircase. I open their door and immediately become flustered as I see Faust's shirtless back facing me.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you were here." I look down and I hear a chuckle leave him.

"It's alright, are you here for the dress?" He asks and I look back up to see him in dress pants.

"Yes." I nod and bite my lip. He walks over to the closet, I watch as his ass forms nicely in his pants.

"Here you go." I smile and our fingertips touch during the exchange, sending a spark down my spine.

"Thanks."

"Of course...beautiful." He mumbles.

"What?" I arch my eyebrows, knowing what he said.

"I didn't say anything." He waves me off.

"Oh, sorry."

"It's fine, go get ready darling." He chuckles and I exit the room.

He called me beautiful....

I bite my lip and blush as my heart throbs.
*
*
"Are you ready, darling?" Faust's tender voice fills my room as he stands in the door frame.

"Almost, I just need help zipping my dress." I smile awkwardly as I try to finishing zipping myself in the red silk dress my mom gave me.

"Here," Faust walks towards me and zips it for me, "let me see." I turn around and he scans my body slowly, nodding his head in satisfaction. "Stunning. That color suits you nicely." He compliments, leaving me feeling bubbly inside.

"Thank you." I bite my lip timidly. He looks around my room, searching for something.

"Do you have a choker or a diamond necklace to wear with that?" He asks, I shake my head no. He walks out of the room, only to return with a diamond encrusted choker. "Turn." He commands, I oblige as he places the choker on my neck, securing it with its clasp. "Now you look complete." He beams with a smirk. "Shall we?" He holds his arm out for me to take hold of.

"We shall." I giggle and grab onto his arm. We glide down the stairs my mom snapping pictures as if it was my prom.

"Vanessa honey, you look gorgeous in that dress. And with that choker, everyone will be turning their heads to look at you." My mother awes and embraces me.

"You look more stunning than I." I gawk, as she wears an olive green velvet dress, with diamonds to compliment.

"Well," Faust speaks up, "I say I will be the luckiest man there. Rolling in with my breathtaking fiancé, and my flawless soon-to-be step daughter." He chuckles, hugging us both.

He takes us outside, where Chauncey holds the door open to the limousine. Faust helps my mother and I in, before getting in himself. He sits between my mother and I, holding her hand tightly. They quietly chat amongst themselves, while I scroll through my Pinterest.

I always enjoy looking at all the luxury boards. I never thought I'd ever be in a mansion or wear anything remotely boujee. Yet, here I am. In a red silk, skin-tight dress with diamonds on my neck. Being driven in a limo, while my mother's fiancé is filthy rich. I do wish everyone had this life, never having to worry about money or debt. Being set for life basically. My mother and I definitely needed this when it was just the two of us and she was working three jobs just to keep the lights on.

She's so lucky to catch someone like him—which makes me feel worse about the risqué dream I had earlier. I mean, who dreams of fucking their soon-to-be-StepFather? Me, apparently.

My love life doesn't exist. I've always been a side chick or a rebound. I've never had a real boyfriend before. The only guy I thought I had a chance with, turned out to be gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but at the time it stung.

"Vanessa," Faust's silk voice brought me from my thoughts.

"Yes?" I push a lock of my curls behind my ear.

"We're here." He chuckles as I realize my mother was standing outside of the limo.

"Oh, sorry." I shy away and step out, Faust behind me. I look around, and admire how gorgeous the country club is. It was an offset white, with golden light illuminating it, giving it a richer look. A water fountain sat in the center of the white brick styled concrete.

"Like it?" Faust asks, his mint breath sweeping across my neck, causing goosebumps.

"It's beautiful." I smile and follow him and my mother inside.

"Good evening, Mr. Ryder." Two men hold the doors open for us greet Faust. He nods back and walks through, my mother's arm slipped into his. I walk behind them, catching the stares of the two men. I smirk to myself and thank them with a seductive grin, which only causes their faces to redden.

A waiter comes and she takes us to a booth, far away from the eyes of others. I look over my shoulder, noticing how men of all ages looked at me, even little boys stared. I lightly giggle to myself and take my seat across from my mother and Faust.

We order our drinks and food. I'm really basic, so I just ordered some cheese ravioli and a Shirley Temple.

"So," Faust speaks up, "How is college going for you, Vanessa?" He asks, a charming grin on his perfect pink lips.

"Pretty good." I shrug.

"What's your major?"

"Creative writing, I want to be an author."

"I see, well I surely believe you have the talent for it. Maybe I could take a look at a piece of your work sometime, if you're alright with that?"

"Sure, of course."

"Excellent." He grins, my mother dreamily staring at him. It was nice to see her happy with him, but I also envy her. She's just so damn lucky.

Our food came and we ate. I went through four refills of my Shirley Temple before the bill came. "Thank you for dinner, Faust." I smile as he pays for the bill.

"My pleasure. I gotta treat my new family right." He chuckles and we leave, my mother's hand in his. The engagement ring on her finger worth $50,000 glistens in the lighting. 

So damn lucky.