L I C K E R I S H

V A N E S S A

V A N E S S A

"So where are you guys going?" I ask my mom as she blends on her foundation with her beauty blender.

"Faust is taking me to dinner tonight." She smiles in response.

"Fun. Do you car if Em comes over?"

"No, I don't mind. Just don't get into my expensive wine please."

"I shall try." I tease before walking out of her room.
*
*
"So, what's the deal with you and Mars?" Em giggles as she sips on a martini. We sit in my room sprawled on the floor. She wears a silk pajama set I let her borrow-it's navy blue shorts and a spaghetti strap tank. I wear the same thing-but of course in red.

"Nothing really, we're just friends." I shrug.

"Oh come on! That's bullshit. You two have something going on, I can feel it. It's like a sixth sense."

"Or, you're just searching for something that isn't there. He's still recovering from Priscilla. He might've hated the girl, but she cheated on him, that has to hurt."

Ironic of me to say if I may add.

"Yeah, I get that. But you two would be the cutest couple."

"Yeah, yeah. How about you, any guys yet?"

"Kind of, remember that guy I was making out with at the club?"

"Vaguely, yes."

"His name is Don. We hookup from time to time. Nothing too serious though." She stirs her straw in her drink.

"Do you want something serious?" I arch my eyebrow.

"I think so, I don't just want to be the occasional booty call he uses when no one else gives him action." She sighs.

"Tell him then."

"I can't, he doesn't want anything serious."

"Then screw him. Find a guy who wants something serious and spend time on that. Don't just settle with being Don's side piece because of lust."

More irony.

"I guess you're right." Aren't I always?

"Don't worry about it too much now. Let's watch a movie." I sluggers. We decide on old slasher films like Scream and Psycho.

*
*

F A U S T

"Mr. Ryder, your StepDaughter, Vanessa is here to see you. May I send her up?" My receptionist Casey asks me on my phone.

"Of course." I smirk and hang up. I stand from my chair that sits behind my desk that has hills of paperwork on it. I hear a soft knock on my door.