T I P S

V A N E S S A

Ding! Ding!

"Oh, I'm sorry we're closed," my head turns towards the door of the café, "oh, hi Mars." A blushful smile pulls onto my lips.

"Hey, how mad would you be if I ordered a coffee right now?" He asks, sucking air through his teeth as he approaches the counter I had just wiped clean.

"Depends on who it's for." I glare my eyes at him.

"Just for me."

"Well I'm that case I won't spit in it." I tease as I turn on the coffee machine. "What kind you want?"

"Vanilla please." He shoots his charming grin at me, making me bite my plump lip. I turn my attention back to making his drink before my dirty mind could begin conjuring up explicit fantasies about how many different positions we could do on this counter.

"How was it in here today?" Mars asks, taping his finger on the counter.

"Wasn't busy, I worked by myself after lunch because the other girl had a family emergency." I explain as I deal the lid on his drink. "How was the office?" I ask as I hand him his drink.

"It was boring as fuck. Thank you though, I've been needing this all day." He smiles and pulls out his wallet.

"Don't worry, it's on the house." I stop him but he continues to pull out a one-hundred dollar bill.

"I insist."

"Mars really, it's fine."

"Nope, take it."

"Mars, it's a five dollar cup of 'meh, okay,' kind of coffee, this isn't necessary."

"Fine," He goes back into his wallet and pulls out a five dollar bill, "take this for the coffee and the hundred for your tip. And if you tell me no again, there'll be consequences." His husky voice threatens, sending me sexual vibes.

"And what kind of consequences would those be, exactly?" I arch my eyebrow, testing the waters with him.

"Oh you'll find out one day." He leans over the counter, leaving a three inch gap between our faces.

"When will that one day be?"

"Whenever I tell you it will be." A pearly white smirk masks his face as he leans away and takes a sip from his drink. I do as he asks and put the five in the cash register and stash the hundred in my pocket. "How'd you get here?" He asks as I stack chairs.

"Walked." I respond.

"I'm driving you to my place, unless you need to be home?"

"Nope, I'm free."

"Good." A satisfying smile peels onto his mouth as I feel his eyes watch my every movement. I hasten my locking up so he wouldn't have to wait on me for so long. Once everything was secured and clean, we head towards his car. Like a gentleman he opens the passenger side door for me as I hop in.

Once behind the wheel, he doesn't hesitate to press his foot on the gas and speed towards his house.

"So why are you taking me to your house anyway?" I ask as I look at my matte red nails.

"I want to confide in you about some things." He explains.

"Oh?"

"I feel like I can trust you."

"You can, I feel like that too with you. You're easy to talk to."

"I try to be." He smiles as he pulls up his driveway. He makes me wait for him to get my door and help me out before we go inside. "Want anything to drink?" He offers as I sit on his grey couch in the living room.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks though." I smile and watch him take a seat next to me. "So what's up?"

"I think I want to actually break up with Priscilla."

"Why?"

"She's honestly a bad girlfriend, she doesn't appreciate me at all, craves everyone in the rooms' attention. Plus I think I like someone else."

"Who would that mystery person be?"

"You. I think about you all the time, I enjoy your presence. I like you, Vanessa I do." He takes my hands in his, giving them a little squeeze.

"Mars I can't be the reason you leave her. She'll come for me and try to sue me and or kill me." I sigh.

"But it's not just because of you."

"I know, but if we spark up a relationship right after you two break up, it'll cause a riot."

"I guess you're right."

"Just sleep on it, and don't worry, I like you too." I kiss his cheek before standing up and putting my shoes back on.

"I'll have Jonathan take you home." He tells me as a man in a black suit comes from thin air and gets a black car for me.

"Thanks Mars. I'll text you when I'm home." I hug him as he watches Jonathan help me into the back of the car. I strap myself in and watch out the window as Mars and his home disappear as the distance grows between them and the car.

I can't date Mars. I tell myself sternly. Mars is sweet and definitely Daddy material, it's just I want Faust. I crave him the most and I need to have him. I can't let Mars or any other guys with batting eyes take that desire away from me.