with love

I looked up at the school with a scowl and exhaled loudly, earning me an eye roll from Kira who was standing next to me

I looked up at the school with a scowl and exhaled loudly, earning me an eye roll from Kira who was standing next to me. The time was a few minutes past midnight, officially making it October 30th.

"What exactly is this Devil's Night?" I asked and cocked my head to the side, looking up at her. She linked her arm with mine and forced me to start moving towards the school where other students had already started.

"Mischief Night is a sort of informal holiday on which some engage in pranks and uh, potentially minor vandalism," She finished her sentence in one breath and grinned at me. "It's a tradition here!"

I looked back to the school and hugged her close to me, a grin appearing on my face. "Vandalism, huh?"

"Minor." I dragged her along with me as I quickened my pace. "Bringing you with me was a bad idea, wasn't it?"

"Very!" I skipped ahead and joined the other students running around slightly destroying whatever they felt like.

I had never seen this much toilet paper in my entire life, covering every surface in sight, still flying past us. I laughed and looked back at Kira, joining in. She smiled and followed me.

We appeared outside Coach's office a while later and before I had the chance to open the door, it flew open and revealed two familiar faces looking back at us in surprise.

After a moment of staring at each other in silence, Stiles suddenly exclaims, "Nothing!"

I raised a brow at him, "Because that wasn't suspicious at all."

"Just go with it!" He said sounding like a two-year-old.

"What exactly did you do?" Kira asked looking back and forth between the two.

"You'll have to wait and see." Stiles face lit up and a huge grin took over half of it.

Rolls of toilet paper were still flying through the air when we arrived at the high school a few hours later, kids running up and down the halls. I leaned against the locker next to Kira's watching her placing a few items inside. Turns out I wasn't the only one staring.

"I think you have an admirer." She glanced at me and then turned around to see Scott looking at her. He smiled and turned his attention back to Stiles. "You should ask him out."

"Are you serious?" Her head snapped back to look at me so quick I thought it would break. She closed her locker and we started walking towards econ.

"Yes, why not?"

"You really think he likes me?"

"There's only one way to find out." I grinned at her and we took a seat in the middle of the classroom.

"Son of a bitch!" Coach cried from inside his office making the class laugh, Scott and Stiles smiling like idiots. Finstock enters the room looking more annoyed than usual and I couldn't help but chuckle at his expression, "Mischief Night, Devil's Night! I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil! You think it's funny every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle. Mine's a frickin' omelet!"

I coughed, trying to suppress another laugh. Kira shushed me quietly. Coach then notices a wrapped gift on his desk and thinking it's another prank he throws it on the floor and stomps on it, causing the sound of glass breaking to echo throughout the room. He bends down to investigate and finds a broken coffee mug with a picture of his face on it along with the caption "#1 Coach". He opens the card attached to it and reads out loud, "Happy birthday, love Greenberg."

-

I spent lunch period in Mr. Yukimura's classroom with Kira and her father, she currently had her elbows resting on the desk in front of her and was snapping pictures of her dad.

"How come you're sitting here with me instead of the cafeteria with the other kids?" Her father spoke up, eyeing us both.

"Maybe we wanted to keep you company." Her eyes were still on the screen, tapping away.

"Uh huh, you should be embarrassed to be seen with me, especially you Kira, not keeping me company. You must have some friends by now?"

"It's just that everytime I open my mouth, I start rambling like an idiot." She sighed with a sad look in her eyes. I linked my arm with hers and gave her a smile.

"At least you've got me!"

"Not helping." She laughed at my shocked expression and I slapped her arm lightly.

"Rude." Her father smiled at us and told us that someone will show an interest, because how could they not?

"The only one who's shown any interest in me is a rabid coyote."

I inhaled loudly and looked over at Kira with wide eyes, "You should totally date the coyote!"

She rolled her eyes at me, "No dates, I just want to make a few friends."

"Okay then, don't date the coyote, befriend it."

-

Later that evening Kira had sent me a text explaining how her father had invited Scott over for dinner, as a thank you for saving her from the rabid animal at the high school. She was beyond nervous about having the boy she was crushing on in her home with her parents.

I sent her a text back telling her to get her shit together, stop panicking and go be her badass self. After telling me that I was not helping, as usual, I locked my phone and threw it on the bed next to me. I decided to ignore the homework lying on my desk and picked out a book to read.

My room was mostly filled with books and most of them were new and untouched. Buying books was a talent of mine, reading them was a bit harder. I always tended to go back and reread Harry Potter instead. I don't know why. I have a problem.

I sent Kira a few texts as the hours passed to see how her dinner date was going, but I hadn't gotten a reply yet and it was making me anxious. I tried calling her, but again she wasn't answering, causing my anxiety to grow.

As I paced around my room which was something I did when I felt a panic attack coming, I decided to call her one last time. I let out a sigh of relief as I heard her answer on the other line.

But the voice coming through wasn't hers and with a low whisper the male voice spoke, "For all those people who never believed."