cheeky

I took in a deep breath as I sat down on the sofa in the Sheriff's office with Stiles on my right and Scott, Kira and Lydia to my left

I took in a deep breath as I sat down on the sofa in the Sheriff's office with Stiles on my right and Scott, Kira and Lydia to my left. We sat there in silence, looking at each other and then back to Agent Mccall who was standing in front of us, leaning on the desk where Sheriff Stilinski was sitting.

He stared at us in a deafening silence for a while, hoping one of us would break. When none of us did, he sighed and let out, "So, when did you get there?"

"At the same time," Stiles answered, his father scratched the back of his head, waiting for his son to say something stupid.

"At the same time as who?" Agent Mccall continued.

"At the same time as me," Scott said and Stiles pointed at him with his lips plucking up, I turned to look at him with my brows furrowed, but couldn't help but grin at his expression. It was adorable. Okay. Focus.

"By coincidence?" The agent sighed in annoyance.

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles said feigning confusion.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time, was that coincidence?" I was waiting for Scott's father to lose it.

"Are you asking me?" Scott wondered.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles said.

"I think he's asking the both of you," I said and looked from one boy to the other.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," Agent Mccall said and sighed, he stopped when he realized what he had said. Stiles' dad rested his head in his hand and watched the scene happening in front of him with amusement. We looked at the agent with confusion, Stiles plucked his lips yet again. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school, someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira, then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town?"

We all nodded lightly and I said, "Sounds about right."

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, cause he was an electrical engineer. So, where else would he take her?" Stiles said as if it was obvious, the ghost of a smile on his lips. I cleared my throat trying to hide a laugh. The agent pursed his lips and nodded slightly, not believing a word.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops, he's in law enforcement," He pointed at his father and winked, causing his father to snort in amusement. He quickly composed himself when Agent Mccall turned his head to look at him.

"Stiles, just, uh...Just answer the man," He said, clearing his throat.

"We made a good guess," Stiles said seriously.

"What were the two of you doing?" The agent turned his attention to Scott and Kira who spoke at the same time.

"Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi."

Agent Mccall raised an eyebrow and the two glanced at each other for a second.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

They both stared at each other in annoyance and said in unison, "Eating sushi and pizza."

The agent turned to look at the Sheriff, "You believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak," This made Stiles smile, pleased with himself. The room goes silent when the agent asks Kira if that's how she remembers it. She simply nods and asks for her phone back, but the agent shakes his head and says they need it as evidence.

Shortly after we're free to leave. Since Kira has to stay behind to fill out some paperwork, I catch up with Stiles and ask him for a ride to Kira's house where I had left the car earlier. He smiles down at me and nods.

We sit in his car in a comfortable silence for a bit, me trying to figure out and understand the events that took place tonight. How Scott asked Lydia if she could hear anything and she couldn't, but then she screamed and suddenly everything fell into place for her. I was probably never going to be able to get that ear piercing scream out of my head. How Kira literally absorbed the electricity with her hands. How they all seemed to know what was really going on.

"Are you okay?" The sound of his voice brought me back to reality and I turned my head to look at him. He glanced back at me with concern. "It's a lot to process."

"I don't even know what I'm supposed to process," I said and sighed loudly, confusion clouding my mind. "But I'll be okay, eventually."

"I'm sorry we dragged you into this."

I shook my head, "You didn't do anything, I didn't give you much choice, it's all on me."

He stayed silent, a thoughtful look on his face, pondering whether to ask the question in his mind. He took in a deep breath and finally asked, "Do you get them often? The panic attacks?"

"I used to back when my mom left us," My voice was low and distant, thinking back to when I was younger and the anxiety had taken over most of my life. At one point I wasn't able to even think about leaving the house without having a panic attack. "Not so much now, but they do happen, obviously," I said, referring to earlier.

"Mine started after my mom died," He said quietly, staring straight ahead at the road. "I was with her at the hospital when it happened."

"I'm sorry," I said quietly. Stiles stopped the car in front of mine outside Kira's house. The pained expression caused my heart to break and I placed my hand over his, giving it a light squeeze. He looked down at our hands and then up at me with a small smile. "Thank you for the ride."

He cleared his throat, "Uh, yeah, no problem."

I opened the door and got out of the car. As I got to my father's car I turned around and shot him another smile which he returned with a small wave.

After being interrogated by my father the second I got home and having to explain the nights' events to him, as much of them as I could anyway, I fell down onto my bed with a grin on my face and a warm fuzzy feeling in my chest.