never trust a fox

I had been sitting on my bed with my legs crossed and eyes glued to my phone for what felt like hours now

My brows were furrowed in confusion as I read the text from Stiles over and over again.

"I'm okay. Don't worry, be back soon."

What did that even mean? Where did he go? What was he up to?

A knock on my door caused me to look up coming face to face with my father peeking his head inside, a small smile on his face.

"Hey kiddo," He said in a soft voice as he walked over and sat down on the bed next to me, "Is everything okay?"

I let out a sigh and looked up at him, "I don't know."

"Well, do you want to talk about it?"

I leaned back against the headboard and tossed my phone to the side. I wouldn't be able to speak to him about all the supernatural going on. Thinking back to the night the Oni came for a visit, he wouldn't want to hear it. Since he didn't want to believe any of it was real, talking about it wouldn't do much of anything anyway.

I turned my attention back to him, a look of worry on his face, "It's about Stiles."

"Is that the non-existent boy that wasn't here too long ago?" I rolled my eyes at his expression, pleased with his joke.

"Yes, that would be him," I nodded and took in another deep breath, trying to think about how to keep going, "I guess I'm just worried about him, he hasn't really been feeling that well lately."

"Is it serious?"

Is being possessed by a dark kitsune that's trying to bring chaos to everything around it anything serious? "I don't know, I don't think so. I'm probably just overreacting."

We sat in silence for a moment and my dad turned to face me again, "You really care about this boy, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do," I said in almost a whisper looking down at my hands, a small smile forming on my lips. I knew that I hadn't been here long and I hadn't known him long at all, but there was something about him, I couldn't explain it.

He made me feel comfortable which was something I never truly was. He made me feel okay with the person I was and the feelings I had.

He just made everything feel okay for once.

I cleared my throat and shot my dad a grin, "I should probably get going, don't want to be late for school."