let me in

I took in a deep breath, my eyes closing as I did so

      I took in a deep breath, my eyes closing as I did so. I winced slightly as a sharp pain rushed through the back of my head, my hand automatically going up to touch the damaged area.

I had woken up by Scott lightly nudging me, still down on the floor and dazed from the impact.

I saw Kira sitting on the other side with her back leaned against the wall, trying to focus.

Deaton, the owner of the animal clinic, was standing by the exam table with a needle in front of him.

Stiles was out cold on the floor.

Scott noticed the panic in my eyes and reassured me that he was okay, that the fox possessing him had been poisoned.

My eyes flew open as a soft voice spoke from next to me on the bed, bringing me back to reality, "Is it bad?"

"I've been through worse," I gave him a small smile and shook my head, which wasn't the best idea because I winced again, "I fell off my skateboard once and face planted on the ground which broke my nose. Good times."

He let out a light chuckle, "Skateboard, huh?"

"Mm, I used to be so cool," I looked up at him with a huge grin on my face.

His smile faltered as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, "I'm sorry I hurt you."

I placed my hand over his jaw, my thumb absentmindedly rubbing his cheek, "You didn't hurt me, Stiles. It wasn't you."

He turned onto his back and I moved closer to him, wrapping my arm around him and placing my head on his shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes, a comfortable silence surrounding us.

I hugged him a little tighter and glanced up at him, "You're not changing your mind, are you?"

"No, I'm not," He said with a small sigh.

"We won't be able to help you if you're in there."

"And I won't be able to hurt you," He looked down at me, the pain visible in his brown eyes, "I don't expect you to understand-"

"I do understand, I just don't like it," I sat up on the bed and crossed my legs, "I mean, Eichen House? Didn't Barrow come out of that place? Is it even a little bit safe?"

He smiled as he sat up on the bed as well, placing both of his hands on either side of my face, "Don't worry about me, I'll be okay."

My brows furrowed together, "Last time you said that you disappeared for two days."

"And I turned up just fine, didn't I?" I shot him a glare, not finding it funny. He sighed and leaned his forehead against mine, "I'm going to be okay."

"Yeah, you better or I'll be the one killing you," He chuckled before leaning in, closing the distance between us.

-

I received a phone call from Scott later that day, informing me that they might have found something that could help Stiles.

Of course, with me not being supernatural, I wouldn't be able to help them out with their plan.

It wasn't the best plan but at least it was a plan and all we had at the moment.

They were looking for a scroll, a Shugendo scroll. The Shugendo was the ascetic mystics of Japan. Apparently, it had the information on how to exorcise a Nogitsune.

Hopefully, they would be able to retrieve it and we would be able to end all of this before it got any worse.

You need to leave!

I suddenly hear my fathers' voice echo throughout the house making me jump. I quickly made my way downstairs to see what was going on and instantly regretting that decision when reaching the front door, coming face to face with my mother.

"Aspen, go back upstairs," My father says after noticing me standing behind him. As I move closer my eyes stay locked on my mother, a small smile slowly making its' way onto her lips.

"Hi," She breathes out and takes a step closer to me, my dad putting his hand up in front of her to stop her from taking any more steps.

"That's close enough," He says, anger noticeable in his tone.

"Adrian, please-"

"No! You can't just show up here after years and act as if everything's fine!"

"I know but I need to talk to Aspen, it's important," She says, her voice rising as well.

"That's not happening-"

"Dad," I speak up causing the both of them to turn their attention to me, "It's okay."

"You don't have to-"

"I know," I say cutting him off, trying to give him a reassuring smile.

He opens the door a little more and steps to the side, letting my mom come inside. We walk into the living room and I take a seat next to my father, my mother taking a seat on the sofa on the opposite side.

She smiles and starts, "I can't believe how much you've grown."

"Life is weird that way," My tone came out harsher than I intended but I suppose she deserved it, "You had something to talk to me about?"

She nodded and spoke in a hesitant voice, "I do and it's probably going to sound insane but I need you to listen."

My best friend was a Kitsune. Scott was a werewolf along with what felt like almost everyone else. Allison and her family hunted them. Lydia was a banshee. And Stiles was currently possessed by a deranged fox. I was pretty sure nothing would sound insane anymore.

"During the time you were conceived," She continued causing my face to scrunch up but I composed myself quickly. She was quiet for a moment as if lost in concentration, trying to figure out how to finish her sentence. She let out an annoyed sigh, "I'm just going to say it. I wasn't myself during that time."

My brows furrowed in confusion and after giving my father a quick glance I noticed his was too. "What exactly does that mean?" I asked.

"A demon had taken over my mind and body which means that there's a part of you that's demon."

I stared at her for a moment not knowing how to react, not that I would be able to. I felt frozen to the spot.

Insane didn't cover this.