d e m o n i c

I kept my eyes focused on the road ahead, ignoring the noises coming from the Jeep while also trying to ignore the noises and images coming from my mind

The bloodied walls flashed in my head and I blinked hard, pushing them to the back of my mind where they escaped from.

I held my breath and pressed down on the accelerator causing the Jeep to whine a little.

Stiles and Scott were still at the Sheriff's Station when I pulled in.

I absentmindedly slammed the door behind me as I exited the car and waltzed myself inside the Station.

I ignored the Deputy closest to the door trying to get my attention and opened the door to the Sheriff's office.

Stiles and his father pulled away from their hug and turned to look at me along with Scott, all with furrowed brows.

"Aspen, hey," Stiles places his hands on either side of my face. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, threatening to pour, "What's wrong? What happened?"

I opened my mouth and my voice came out as a whisper, "They're dead, they're both dead."

Stiles closed the distance between us and placed one arm around my waist and a hand behind my head as he pulled me close to him.

"My parents, they're dead," I whispered.

-

That's when I heard it, a light voice coming from the corner of the room, "Hello Aspen."

I felt my heart jump in my chest at the sudden noise and my head snapped towards the small figure moving closer.

Her skin was pale and smooth, her dark narrow eyes staring back at me amused, her lips twitched up into a smirk.

Her white hair hung down her back, bright against the all black clothing.

"I told her I'd find you sooner or later, no matter how hard she tried to keep you hidden," Her voice was soft and low as she slowly walked closer to me. She stared down at my mother's body, her face blank, "I did warn her."

I stood up, backing away from her a little, "Who are you?"

She turned her attention back to me and smiled, "I'm Lilith."

-

The boys stared at me in silence for a moment after I filled them in on the demon part my mother had told me about.

"Demon?" Stiles asked for the fifth time causing him to shoot him another glare.

"Yes Stiles, a demon, you know the ones who usually come from hell and possess people?"

"But you're not...?" Scott started not knowing exactly how to ask.

I glared at him too, forced to explain everything again, "No, my mother was apparently possessed by one and then when I was born part of that demonic power transferred itself to me."

Stiles exhaled loudly and looked back at me worriedly, "And this Lilith didn't tell you anything about why she was looking for you?"

I shook my head and sighed, "No but I got a feeling I'm not the only one."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked, brows furrowing in confusion.

"I think she's looking for others like me, others with some part demon in them."

"So, what you're essentially saying is that she's building some sort of demon army?" Stiles asked with raised brows.

"I think that's exactly what she's doing."

Stiles ran his hands over his face then looked between Scott and me, the sarcasm clear in his voice, "That is just fantastic news."