you, now and always you

A few weeks later

A few weeks later

I pursed my lips, biting down on my bottom lip to keep myself from commenting on the current situation.

This wasn't the first time this has happened and probably wouldn't be the last.

I lean back against the seat, my arms outstretched in front of me holding onto the steering wheel, my thumbs tapping against it.

The sound of more tape being pulled rings in my ears and I groan.

"Okay, try it again!" Stiles yells out from the front of the car.

I sigh and turn the key for the third time and the car keys out a loud whine before dying again.

I hear Stiles groan out loud in frustration.

I turn to my side, letting my legs hang out the door, "Maybe we should just-"

I get cut off almost instantly as Stiles' head pops out from behind the hood, glaring at me, "No."

"I haven't even-"

"I am not leaving this Jeep. Ever." He disappears from my sight again, "Try it again."

"No," I say as I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the seat.

"No? What do you mean no?" He asks as he walks over to me.

"I mean no. No way, nah, no can do, nope, no thank you," A sarcastic smile takes over my lips.

Stiles' face softens and he closes the distance between us, placing the tape on the roof of the car.

He leans down as he places his hands on either side of my face and pushes his lips softly against mine.

His forehead leans against mine and breathes out, "I'm sorry, I know this wasn't the plan-"

"No, it's-it's okay," I cut him off with a small sigh and pull him as close to me as possible by the hem of his jeans. He raises one of his eyebrows as he leans back in for another kiss. I smile and snake my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my waist, holding me tight.

"Mm," He lets out as he pulls away from me. I stick out my bottom lip and frown at him, "Let me fix this Jeep and then we can go back to that. Lots and lots of that."

He grabs the tape and walks back to the front of the car. After a few minutes, he calls out, "Try it now!"

I turned the key again and this time the Jeep roared to life.

"Yeah!" Stiles exclaims, happy to finally have the car going. He slams the hood down and grins as he returns to the driver's side, "Now, where were we?"

I laugh as he leans back in but I stop him by placing my hands on his chest, "How about we get some food, head back home and lay in bed for the rest of the night?"

"Yes, let's definitely do that," He says with a silly lopsided smile on his face. I roll my eyes but the grin on my face stays put.

I could stare at his adorable face forever.

"What?" His voice brings me back to reality. I take hold of the hand he'd placed on my cheek and plant a quick kiss on it before looking back up at him.

"I love you."

He stares back at me for a moment in silence and then the biggest grin appears on his lips and he plants another kiss on me.

"I love you, too."