it's smarter

I sat in the passenger seat of Stiles' jeep listening to him tapping his fingers against the steering wheel

      I sat in the passenger seat of Stiles' jeep listening to him tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. I turned my head to stare at him in annoyance, waiting for him to stop.

He didn't, so I decided to smack his arm lightly. He jumped and turned to look at me in confusion.

"Why?" He exclaimed.

"You asked for it," I said and nodded towards his hands. He glared at me and stuck his middle finger up.

"Put it down or I'll break it," We looked at each other in silence for a second, I raised one of my brows and he slowly raised his other hand and stuck his middle finger up, holding both of them in the air in front of me. I rolled my eyes at him and slapped his hands away, a grin appearing on my face at his silliness. "You are so annoying."

"You like it," He said with a smile that made me want to melt into a puddle on the floor.

We broke out of our trance when we heard Scott's dirt bike pull up with Kira sitting behind him. I exhaled loudly as they got off the bike and walked over to us, letting out the breath I had been holding in.

I smiled at Kira and Stiles nodded his head before blurting out the next sentence all in one, "Okay, this one will get you into all the perimeter doors, this one into the evidence room, and this one's for my father's office."

He handed the key cards over to Scott and we all stared at him in silence waiting for the information to sink in. I looked up at him with furrowed brows, "You didn't steal those, did you?"

"No. I cloned them using the RFID emulator."

"Is that worse than stealing?"

He held his breath and looked at me for a moment before saying, "It's smarter."

"Scott, can I ask you something?" Kira suddenly spoke up and the two walked a little further away from the jeep.

"Okay, I'll just..." Stiles said with his hands in the air, sighing.

"Did Scott tell you why they needed to get Kira's phone?" I had called to check up on Kira earlier when she told me she had to go meet up with the boys for something. She hung up on me before I had a chance to ask her what was going on. Confused, I decided to give Stiles a call to try and figure things out, but he didn't say much. Luckily I was able to make him come pick me up and bring me along to help.

"Uh, Scott just said that she had some pictures on her phone that she didn't want anyone to see," He said and scratched the back of his head.

"What kind of pictures?" I raised one of my brows, already sure of what the answer was.

He cleared his throat quickly and let out, "Naked pictures."

"Huh," My brows rose and my mouth curled downwards. "Maybe we should've gone in before they got here."

Stiles stared at me in surprise and I flashed him a giant grin, causing him to laugh and shake his head.

"Okay. So, now almost everybody's outside dealing with the blackout," Stiles started when the pair returned from their private chitchat. "But there's always somebody at the front desk. There's Dispatch and usually a night shifter or two. You guys are gonna use the service door entrance by the dumpster. All right? Nobody uses it."

Both of them nodded, following along with the plan. Stiles continued, "Now, I'll text you if anyone comes out. But, Scott, if you get caught, I can't help you. My dad's under investigation for an impeachment because of your dad, so, if anything happens-"

"-we'll run and leave you both for dead," I leaned forward with a huge grin, cutting him off. Stiles rolled his eyes at me.

"Pretty much," He said.

"Got it," Scott said, nodding. "Thanks. Seriously, dude."

"I'd ask my dad, but you know..."

"No, I know. I get it."

"All right, just, uh, hurry up," They nodded and began making their way towards the entrance, trying their best to be stealthy.

"Is your dad going to be okay?" I asked Stiles after a minute of silence.

"I hope so," He sighed, the anxiety rising at the mention of his father.

"Are you okay?"

He turned to face me and took in a deep breath, "Yeah, I think so."

"Yeah?"

"Sometimes I just feel like I'm about to lose my mind, but-"

"But what?" I pressed when he stopped abruptly. I followed his gaze when he didn't say anything and noticed a car pulling up, "Is that Scott's dad?"

"Well, shit," He said and ran his hands through his hair. "Oh, I'm gonna regret this."

"What are you-Stiles!" He got out of the car and started making his way towards the agent. I leaned back against the seat and let out a sigh, "I'll just wait here then."