Chapter 27: Krissy and Mai's Story

You remember when I first met Krissy and them. I asked Sally if Krissy and Mai were her kids and she said "No" that she was only their 'Guardian' So I went up to them and asked "Hey, Krissy, Mai.. Where are your parents? I really hope it's not bad to ask" I say. Krissy and Mai sit down, "I was born in Vietnam, As with my parents. The whole environment in Vietnam was okay until, suddenly it became rough, so many massive shootings happen and it just became like a living hell... My dad went out to stop them from shooting a little boy.... those guys" Mai looks down "Those guys killed my dad.. so my Mom and I went here to Canada because we have family here, my mother had to go back to Vietnam to protect the house and she was pregnant at the time too. I was about 4 when I came to Canada, But my family in Canada, I could not stand living with them. It was a nightmare living there, so when i was 13, I left home and found this place and found Sally, I told Sally my story, It took her a while to accept me living here... But it happened, and yeah" Mai said. "Wow, I had no idea that you went through all this" I say. "It's alright, Living with Sally was the best decision. If I stayed with my family, I would've no longer live on this planet" Mai says as Krissy gasps. "Woah bro, Suicide is never the answer" Krissy says. "I didn't attempt it!" Mai say. "I know, good" Krissy says as she sighs in relief.

"Now it's my turn for story time" Krissy says. "Well I was born in Quebec so yeah its far from here like 5hrs away, anyways I've live with my parents with my brother and sister. But my parents were drug dealers and got in trouble with the police a lot, They got caught selling Heroin and got sent to prison for 40 years, which now makes it like 31 years, I was like 5 or 6 when this happened "Krissy says "Woah, why so many? and damn, you were so young" I ask. "Cuz they were also felonies and had gotten caught so many times. And I had to be sent with someone like Sally, I guess she's like a foster care person, and My bro and sis went off with their own, since they both are married. and I'm over here with Sally." Krissy says. "So Mai's here because of dangers in her home country, and you're here because of parents being in jail due to drug dealing." I say "And I'm here because My best friend left to Italy, my other friend is in Harvard, And my roommate is in college." I say as I hug them "But I'm glad I met y'all, I don't hate you guys, though I hate lots of people" I say again. Mai and Krissy hug back "Aww, We love you Sam" Krissy and Mai say.