home coming

A tall woman dressed in US Army combat uniform with her left arm in a sling and her right hand holding a duffel bag. She put her bag down to tap on the door and waited picking up her bag. The person who she was visiting looked up and towards her.
"Charlotte is that you?" the voice said standing up and making her way over to the door.
"Yeah big sis it's me. Been a while right."
Her big sister took her duffel bag and placed it on the sofa before guiding her little sister to the chair and offering her some water.

"So are you on leave?"
"Sort of Erin. After my medical leave is finished I'm retiring"
"Why?"
"We want to start a family. Cian will be staying in but has been given the chance to run a recruiting office here in NY."
"Cian as in Jack's younger brother?"
"Cian as in my husband of 4 months, as in Cian Malachi Boyle."
"You're married. Does dad know? Where?"
"I was in a hospital in Germany when we got married. Dad doesn't know, only Jamie knows."
"Where are you staying? Is Cian with you?"
"No he's still got a month overseas and I was hoping to stay with you or Jamie"
"you can have Nicki's room. Jamie's only got one room. How about we go take your niece out for dinner then head home I beat you want to rest."
"Sounds like a good idea. Is Jin Ramen still near Columbia?"
"Let me give Nicki a call and we can meet her up there."
Erin rang Nicki as Charlie texted Cian to let him know where she was staying.

Across town Jamie & Eddie were signing off from their shift before heading home.
Eddie knocked on the men's locker room door and waited for someone to answer.
"Janko he's just getting dressed" the door opened revealing her new partner.
"See you Tuesday Brittell"
"Have a good weekend"
Eddie continued on into the locker room, Jamie had just slipped on his shirt and was reaching for his jacket.
"Hey Jam can we stop for food before going home, I'm starving"
"Babe when aren't you hungry." Jamie said placing a kiss on her forehead before heading out.