Untitled Part 20

Tuesday morning

5am

Charlie was thrashing about in bed, calling out loudly. Loud enough to get Jack to get out of bed and down the hall to her room before his grandfather.

It took him 5 minutes to calm down, Frank watched from the door. He had noticed her in pain and went down the hall to pull out the medication he had seen his youngest place on the bathroom bench. Walking back to the room he heard Jack telling his aunt that everything was alright, that she was safe.

"Jack I'll take over. Go back to bed" Frank said carrying a glass of water and the meds. Jack followed the instructions, Frank sat down on the side of the bed and handed over the meds.

"Sorry"
"You have nothing to be sorry about Charlotte, you've been through a lot more than the rest of us"
"Not you or Daniel but up there. Dad I you may be busy today."
"What do you need?"
"After dropping the boys off at school, can you escort me to see Lt.Benson"
"of course a surprise visit to SVU is due and while you are talking to Lt. Benson I'll visit the rest of the 16th"
"Thanks dad. How about we head downstairs and have some breakfast? Before the rest of them wake up."

Frank helped Charlie up and smirked at her nightwear. She still had her socks on, uniform hanging on the end of the bed along with her boots. The pain killers had kicked in by the time they reached the kitchen.

"How long have you been having nightmares for?" he said as he placed a cup of coffee in front of both.
"on and off for 5 years, two different ones. What about you dad? Any lady friends since mom?"
"A couple, no one can replace your mom"
"I know that feeling and I think Erin does too"
"So she's back with Jack then?"
"How did you work that out? I never said it was Jack last night"
"She's like she was when she was dating him. All secretive"
"The boys are no different"
"Jamie is dating Eddie. Oh, but you mean Daniel"
"Yeah I can't tell until he's told the boys right"
"Must be big if he has to tell the boys"
"It's big. I think he's serious about her. Maybe he can procreate again and take the pressure of the rest of us"

"I take it that the family has been asking you"
"I've been back 4 days and everyone is like 'now that you're married when are you going to have a baby' and I just go blank"
"Well it will be nearly impossible for you to have a baby unless you adopt"
"Dad, you pops and mom plus Cian are the only ones who knows I have MRKH"
"Plus your doctors"
"Yeah them too".

Frank and Charlie talked until pops and Sean came downstairs, that's when they realised, they weren't dressed for the day. So, they walked upstairs to get dressed and washed.
Charlie grabbed her uniform and a towel from the hall cupboard, Jack walked out of the bathroom as Charlie closed the hall cupboard.

10minutes later Charlie was downstairs with her shoes in her hands. Jack took the boots from his aunt's hands and waited for her to sit down so could put on her boots.