Untitled Part 8

Monday morning 0700 1pp

Charlie stood in her uniform in front of 1pp. She knew her father didn't start work until 0800 but she knew Baker did start at 0700. The security on the front door noticed her "Can I help you Solider?"
"I'm okay officer I'm just waiting for Detective Baker in the Commissioners office"
"She should be here soon. She takes the subway on Mondays".
sure enough within 10 minutes of talking to each other, the officer pointed to Charlie's Left.

"Abigail Baker" Charlie said to get her attention.
Baker turned and smiled "Captain Charlie. He's not in until 8"
"I know I just wanted to see my favourite female detective and then surprise him"
"Come on up. Juan, the Captain needs a visitor's pass"
"Sure please sign".

Name: Captain Charlotte Reagan-Boyle
Here to see: Commissioner Frank Reagan
Reason: Surprising my father

"Thank you for your service Captain Reagan".
Charlie nodded as he clipped the badge to her uniform seeing that she was injured.

"So how did you get injured?" Baker asked as they made their way up.
"Was shot in the shoulder while doing my job and protecting a child"
"So how long have you been back in the states?"
"Got back Saturday morning. Went to see Erin at work when I got into the city. Had dinner with my niece and caught up with my best mate and brother-in-law yesterday."
"So Erin, Nicki and me are the only family that know that you are home"
"Abby no. Erin, Nicki, JJ, Eddie Janko, Jamie, you and Andy know I'm home."
"Who is Andy?"
"Lt. Andreas Janko, Danny's new Lt and Eddie's big brother. He & Eddie are very good friends."
"How long are you home for? You need to come see your godson"
"What's his name?"
"Joseph Brian Henderson Baker. He hasn't been baptised yet"
"Who's his godfather?"
"Brian's best friend. So how long are you home for?" Baker said as they walked into the PC's office.

Charlie sat down on the sofa as Baker poured a glass of water for Charlie.
"I'm back for good. I'm retiring from the army. My hubby will be staying state side. I've got one semester left at NYU med school and then I'd like to work in Peds."
"You want to be a peds doctor, not A&E?"
"I've seen more casualties than any A&E doctor or nurse. I prefer to do something I love, you know in my whole Army career I've delivered 58 babies and 4 litters of puppies. Treated thousand of children and too many colleagues"
"I understand now".

Baker received a text from Jimmy saying they were in the parking.
"Seems your dad's early. That was his driver, they are downstairs I'm going to my desk. I'll leave you be."

Charlie also received a text
Where are you E
Dad's office 2 surprise him, then to see danny
Lunch?"
Busy but why don't you join eddie and I
Awesome
Laters

Baker opened the door for the commissioner. He hadn't noticed Charlie sitting there. Frank noticed Baker's smirk "Why are you smirking?"
"You didn't even notice your visitor when you walked in"
Frank turned to the sofa
"Charlotte"
"Hi Daddy"
"Don't get up" Frank moved to the sofa next to his youngest.
"How long have you been home?"
"Saturday morning" as Baker left the room.
"Where have you been staying?"
"Erin's"
"That's why she's been so secretive"
"Me being back isn't her only secret"
"What do you know? So, Nicki tells me that you're retiring"
"After my rehab, the bosses said they will sign off. I've given my life to army now my family comes first. No matter how big it will get" Charlie lifted her left hand.

"You're married? Who? Where? When? Who knows? Why didn't I know?"
"4 months ago. Cian in a hospital in Landstuhl. Jamie and & Eddie knew because they were on skype as witnesses. 6 hours after I had surgery on my shoulder. Who know? You, Baker, Andy, Eddie, Jamie, Sanders, Jack Boyle, Nicki and Erin"
"I want you back home. Is Cian back?"
"Not yet, he's got a month over there and he's transferred to state side. They want him to run a recruitment office."