chapter 10

54 Lt office

Charlie sat with her back to the door but talking to Andy.
"Maria Biaz, I think I remember talking to Linda about her. Linda said if she was to die she'd want Danny to date Maria because she makes Danny happy"
"So when are you going to have a baby?"
"Maybe when I finish my medical degree and Cian is back home. So how is Danny really doing?"
"He's had a few dates, much better now than when I first started here. They should be here soon".

Andy saw them walk in, got up and walked to his door.
"Reagan,  Biaz my office now" he watched them as they walked in.
"Lt"
Danny was holding Maria's back as they walked in,
"Danny Maria "
"You wanted to see us Lt"

"No I did" Charlotte said slowly standing up and facing her big brother.

Danny's knees went weak, Maria close by his sideline
"Peanut "
"Hey big bro how about a hug? Just watch the shoulder "
Danny grabbed his baby sister in his arm and held on tight. Charlie instantly relaxed,  even though she was in pain. Danny was one of the only people that knew what she was going through.
"My surprise"
"I'm your second surprise today am I right?"
Danny grabbed Maria's hand, looked at Andy and Charlie.
"You two are the first to know, I'm going to be a daddy again"
"Welcome to the mad house Maria. I'm your in there first few weeks?"
"How did you know?"
"Let me introduce myself properly.  I'm a captain in the US Army but I'm also in my final 2 months of medical school. And I know one person that will approve of this "

"Who? My baby sister's a doctor and an army captain " Danny said
"Linda. We talked about it about a week before my shoulder and her passing"
"I didn't know you and Linda talked. "
"Yeah every month or two depending on where I was. She helped me a lot through my studies,  we talked about family, what was going on, who your current partner was"
"What did Linda say about Maria?"
"That if she was to pass, she would want you to move on with Maria and I agree with her. That was the last time we talked."

They sat on the Lt sofa and the Lt and Maria sat on a chair  while they talked.
"When was that?"
"Last communication was 20th may 2017, the morning before I was shot and 8 days before."
"You were shot? What happened? Where?"
"Syria on a UN/Army joint mission. Was treating a young child and he'll broke lose, next thing I remember was waking up in a helicopter on my way to Germany,  my left shoulder was damaged, my phone shot up and a few other things."
"Dad and Nicki say your retiring"
"After all my rehab is done and they sign off, then relax before starting my speciality job."
"But your home, for good? Where are you staying?"
"Erins but dad said he wants me home. So I was hoping to pick up my nephews from school then head to dad's to surprise pop."
"I can ring both schools and inform them you are coming. Pops will be surprised make sure you tell dad to tell pop on what you want for dinner."
"You can take Maria out for dinner then whatever. I'll take the boys to school in the morning."
"Thank you peanut "
"You're welcome eilifant"
"Enough with the gaelic "
"Te ano hermano" Charlie replied with a smirk
"What?" Danny looked at Charlie then Maria.

"Lo tienes bien alli" Maria said
"Oh esto va a ser divertido "
"Bonito" Maria replied
"Prestanida  se zezas sanjim" Andy said
"Ucuti"

"So you speak Spanish?" Danny said looking shocked.
"Spanish,  Hebrew, Arabic, Serbian, garlic, German, Italian,  French, Afrikaans, Japanese,  Portuguese and latin"
"Wow that's a lot"
"Places I have been, languages I have learnt plus Latin f3om school.. listen Danny I need to get to my appointment ".
"Do you need a lift?" Maria asked.
"A lift would be great Maria 5hank you. That okay Andy"

Andy nodded.
They all walked to the squad car, Charlie looked at Danny and said "No marine driving hermano"
"Sure things kiddo".