Part 4

After heading back from Nicki's dorm, Charlie and Erin headed to Erin's place.

Erin noticed the lights on in her apartment before they entered the building.

"My lover is home. Don't mention him to anyone!"
"I can keep secrets. I just want to get out of this uniform and into something comfortable"
They headed up to the apartment, Erin unlocked the door to find her lover watching some news.

"Babe I've missed you. What took you so long?" the voice said without looking back.
"Jack we have company and take your feet off the table"
He jumped to his feet and turned around, looking straight at Charlie, Charlie smirked at her former and current Brother-in-law.

"Holy hell my eyes are deceiving me. Not so little Charlotte Reagan standing in front of me" Jack said shocked
"Hey Jack Jack. It has been a while, how's my favourite brother in law?"
"Don't you mean former brother in law. On the mend which is what I should really be asking you?"
"I have rehab for the arm which I have set up for Monday morning but I'm fine. JackJack you are still my brother in law. I have the wedding ring to provide it."
"My little brother finally popped the question. Is he here?"
"Cian's got a few months left over there. It's just me. Look can I borrow Erin for a bit then we can sit down and talk"
"Sure what do my girls want to drink?"
"Whiskey Jack" Erin said walking away.
"Milk & Honey please" Charlie replied following her sister.

They walked to Nicki's room as they did Erin showed her the bathroom.
"Char what do you need help with?"
"help getting my uniform off I can't move my shoulder much"
"Sure, are you okay with Jack being here?" Erin said slowly helping her little sister get undressed.
"I was surprised but I see why it's a secret, considering dad, pops and Danny don't like him. Jack Jack is family and they are going to have to get used to the idea. Still drinking Whiskey, I see?"
"I take it you don't drink?"
"Haven't since Mom's wake. Don't even drink Soda, only milk, water, energy drinks, coffee and juice"
Erin helped her with her PJ top.
"Thanks for everything Beanpole"
"I love you kid."

Before they left the room Charlie noticed the photo on the bedside table. A very young Nicki in the middle of Charlotte and Jamie.

"That's probably the last time we saw you after mom died. You didn't even come back after Joe died"
"I couldn't I was in the middle of the desert, I sent flowers."

Erin put her arm around her baby sister and walked back into the living room.
They all talked until Jack noticed that Charlie had fallen asleep.
"I'll put her in Nicki's bed and meet you in bed."
Jack carefully cared his sister-in-law to bed and covered her up before leaving the door slightly open.
He changed before slipping into bed next to Erin.

"babe are you okay?" Jack said kissing Erin's forehead.
"I just don't know how much Jamie has or hasn't told her. She's been thru so much, I know she's my sister but she's only 9 years older than Nicki. She needs to be mothered"
"Ill spend some time with her tomorrow while you are at church and your dad's"
"Sleep" Erin said.