family home

charlie sat down with her father in his home office.
"Jamie is with Eddie isn't he?"
" I can't confirm nor deny"
"So it's safe to say he is with her tonight and has been for a while. Since your wedding?"
"Before"
"Before your wedding.  How much before? And I didn't know they were romantically  involved while riding together"
"6 months. And before you ask yes Danny is on a date, Erin has a male friend and I think that's it. Also I never told you any of this. They all think I can keep a secret"
"I'm surprised they think that. Is there anything I need to know about while you are here?"
"I have nightmares. Usually around 5:30-6 in the morning."
"I'll warn pops later. I know I'm proud of you. Joe and your mom would be too. Our unplanned baby going out and saving the world and is going to be a doctor"
"Either paediatrics or neonatal doctor time will tell. I got to get my body strong first."

"Danny is dating? When did that happen?"
"Andy said about 61/2 weeks. He said that was when he noticed Danny's personality changed, he was happier and didn't complain much about doing paperwork."
"Actually now you say that he does seem happier".

Sure enough by the time they headed back to the dining room, Erin and Nicki were sitting at the table.

"How was your day Auntie Charlie?" Nicki asked
"Meet Erin for lunch, before that I had rehab after surprising dano"
"I had lunch with both Charlotte and officer Janko" Erin said

"Why officer Janko?" Sean asked
"Eddie has been my best friend since I was 16. I served with her older half brother"
"So uncle Jamie's partner is your best friend"

"Edit Marie Janko is family, she has been since Charlotte and edit got caught by a certain detective baker breaking into the Bronx zoo" Frank said
"We weren't breaking in, we were breaking out"
"With whom may I ask?"
"My now husband and a few of his wayward friends"
"Uncle Cian broke out of the Bronx zoo with you , Eddie and some others" Nicki said shocked.
"A story for another time."

After that dinner was a quiet affair. Charlie didn't speak to anyone during dinner.