chapter 4: My hunger

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I know that Zero would try to look into my past but he won't find anything, every record of me has been erased by the headmaster and he promised he didn't read my file.

I walked towards the Night class dorms and, the usual squealing hit my ears like someone was trying to choke a pig. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose gently, I have no idea how I put up with these girls for so long.

I pushed through the crowd towards Yuki "need a little help?" I asked readjusting my disciplinary committee arm band, Yuki nodded frantically trying to push the girls back "everyone get back!" I yelled, the girls flinched a bit but sneered at me "why should we listen to you? You're just abusing your power as the headmasters daughter" one of the girls accused "yeah! You probably just want the night class to yourself!" another one yelled.

I breathed deeply trying to keep my anger in check "you girls...IF YOU DON'T GET BACK IN LINE I WILL MAKE SURE YOU WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO CRAWL TOWARDS THE NIGHT CLASS!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, the females let out high pitched screeches, close to tears.

They all ran off thank goodness "my...you sure don't like fangirls" Kain mumbled "no...I hate them, even though I am one but not of you, vampires" I hissed, their eyes flashed red for a second "(Y/N), why must you be so cold?" Kaname joked.

"Because I hate your kind" I spat at him, Hanabusa seemed to be raging "don't talk to Lord Kaname like that!" he yelled "you're the only one complaining, your 'lord Kaname' doesn't care does he?" I taunted. Aido was about to retort but Kaname put his hands up, silencing him "that's enough Aido" he spoke softly.

Kaname walked towards me and took a lock of my hair in his hands gently and proceeded to stroke it with his thumb gently "why must you be so cold to me (Y/N)? It hurts me, you know?" he mumbled as he  brought the lock of hair towards his mouth, placing a delicate kiss to my hair.

"M-maybe you should go check on Yuki, I think I yelled so loud her eardrums burst" I say with a nervous giggle. He frowned slightly but did as I said. I walked away from the vampires and Yuki hoping to get some rest from everything I suppose.

I admit that I have been avoiding Zero ever since we talked yesterday but to be honest, I'm kind of scared of what he would say. I mean I did leave him sitting there like a muppet.

"Why is everything so confusing?" I asked myself as I took a seat on the edge of the fountain and stroked the lock of hair that Kaname kissed, looking up at my reflection and my eyes flashed red. I shut my eyes tightly as I tried to make the sudden hunger stop. I heard footsteps and turned to glare at the person slightly "get out o- Yuki?" I spoke shocked.

Yuki walked towards me worried as I turned my head in the other direction to make sure she didn't see my eyes. Yuki kept on advancing and just when she was about to touch me "leave Yuki! You can't be here, not now!" I yelled at her my head facing the floor "but (Y-" "GO!" I cut her off. I know I was being insensitive but it wasn't safe for her to be near me when I got...hungry.

I clenched my hand on my throat as if trying to suffocate myself, I heard a twig snap in the forest next to the fountain "I thought I told you to leave Yu- Zero?" I asked and got up to run "what's going on with you?" he asked as he stepped out of the dark woods. I turned my head to face the floor "nothing...I'm just tired is all. I don't sleep very easily" that wasn't exactly a lie, I've been having nightmares of my past quite often.

Zero was behind me in a flash "that's not true (Y/N)" he said gazing down at me softly, I was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist and forced me to look at him, he gasped slightly at the sight of my red eyes but his shocked face faded into a serious one "how long?" he asked "what?" "how long have you been...one of them?" he said in a harsher tone as the grip on my wrist got tighter.

"Since I was ten" I said looking down trying to ignore the pain in my wrist "is that what you were talking about yesterday?" he asked, and I nodded. He sighed and let go of my wrist "I understand if you think I'm a monster too" I said avoiding his gaze.

Zero walked towards me at an agonizingly slow pace, he stood so close I could feel the heat radiating off of him, I thought he was going to slap me for a moment but instead he brought me into a tight embrace "you're not a monster...not like me" he whispered, I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his waist "how did you know?" I asked and he chuckled slightly.

"Your scent...it's not that of a level E or someone who was going to become one" he explained as he let go of me "so will you tell me about you one day?" he asked "well, if you want but I can tell you one thing. The person who turned me made me drink their blood so I wouldn't become a level E" "how did this person get you to drink their blood? I mean I'm sure you would out up a fight" he asked "she forced it down my throat...actually she kissed me so I would drink and not spit it out" I explained.

"It was a she?" he asked "yeah...but I really don't want to talk about her right now, I'm sorry" I mumbled "I understand, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to" he said. I smiled up at him "your a great friend Zero" I muttered "uhhh...thanks?" he said but it was more like a question. I giggled and stared up at the sky "I will tell you one day...hopefully that day is soon..." and my voice was carried by the wind into a certain pureblood's ears.

.

.

.

.

.

"(Y/N)?"