Chapter 13 : Bruises

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Oxygen hurriedly filled my lungs as I gave a startled gasp, my eyes snapped open and I hurriedly sat up in bed. A light sheen of sweat covered my forehead, sticking my hair to my skin rather uncomfortably.

"A dream?" I whispered to myself, looking around my room, I let out a deep sigh and brushed my hands through my hair. Throwing my blanket off of my body, I revelled in the cold air washing over my form.

Glancing to the side at the clock I let out a curse under my breath and hurried to the bathroom for the shower, I would be late for my errands if I didn't hurry.

Showering quickly, I hurriedly pulled on my uniform and rushed out of the room. Racing down the halls, I burst out of the doors of the day class building and rushed towards the night class building. Pass the brooding guard, up the stairs and through the doors.

All eyes turned towards me and the only thing heard throughout the large room was my light panting. Surprisingly, all the night class had gathered in the sitting room for once, all but one.

"I need to talk to Kaname, where is he?"

"You can't just barge in here and expect Lord Kaname to have time to talk to you" Ruka hissed, turning towards me and crossing her arms over her chest. The female took slow, intimidating steps towards me until we were chest to chest and she was glaring down at me.

I let out a deep sigh and tilted my chin up to look at her "I don't have time for this, I need to talk to Kaname. Either step aside and let me through or I will force my way through" I huffed, my patience with her was thinning.

Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance and she took another step forward, causing me to take a step back "what...did you say to me?" she spat.

"Are you threatening me?" Ruka tipped her head back to let out a bitter laugh "like a human like you could do anything to me".

I clenched my jaw, shooting her a harsher glare "I said—get. Out. Of. My. Way" I hissed out through my clenched teeth.

I was forced back against the wall roughly, her hand coming up to press against my throat, fingers tightening around my neck. Ruka's tight grip blocked off my air ways, I reached up to his wrist, hurriedly pushing at her hand.

"Ruka let her go! Lord Kaname will never forgive you if he find out you hurt her! You know this" Aido stood up, placing a hand on her shoulder, causing her hand to instinctively tighten around my throat.

"I know Ruka, I don't like her either, but we have to do this for Lord Kaname" he whispered, Ruka let out a shaky breath and her hand began to loosen when a loud voice broke out through the room.

"What exactly is going on here?"

Ruka let out a gasp and quickly recoiled her hand, turning to face the stair case. At the top stood a very unimpressed Kaname, his arms crossed over my chest.

I slumped to my knees, grasping my throat and coughing hurriedly to fill my lungs with air. Kaname rushed down the stairs, kneeling down to grasp my arms "come on, let's go to my study" he whispered gently.

Pulling me up and taking my weight, Kaname shot a stern look to Ruka "we shall talk later" his voice was cold, scolding.

Ruka flinched, lowering her head and glancing to the floor. Kaname walked slowly, helping me up the stairs and towards his study. I was gently lowered into his seat, with a deep, shaky breath I leaned back in the chair.

"What happened?" he asked worriedly, grasping my chin and tilting my head up so he could see my neck.

"I said I needed to talk to you—" I paused to take a deep breath "—and she refused to let me so she decided to try and kill me" I mumbled with a light huff.

"You're bruised" he said with a light sigh, noting the hand mark that began turning purple.

He leaned back and shook his head "I'll definitely talk to Ruka about this" he muttered under his breath "but for now...what is it you wanted to talk to me about?".

I sighed and straightened up "something...weird has been happening to me" I glanced off at the side. He rose a brow as a sign for me to continue.

I took a deep breath "I'm hearing voices" I admitted sheepishly, Kaname took on a serious expression "go on" he urged.

"It's only been the past few days, and it used to happen when I was sleeping but recently it's started happening when I'm awake"

Kaname nodded, a sign he was listening "did they tell you a name?" he asked, standing up.

"Not a name but...last night the voice called me it's sister. Kaname, I don't have a sister" I furrowed my brows as I looked up at him.

Kaname clenched his jaw and turn to face me "I'll look into this, for now, you should get to your dorm. I'll tell headmaster about the incident with Ruka. Skip classes and get some sleep, if the voice talks to you again...make sure to tell me".

Helping me to my feet, he took my hand "I'll walk you down so they won't bother you" he assured, his other hand coming to rest on my back.

As we made our way down the stairs, eyes turned towards us, most eyes drifting down to the growing bruise on my throat.

Ruka stood where we had left her, shooting her a glance, I brushed passed and with Kaname; and together, we walked out the door.