chapter 14: (Y/N) 2, Yuki 0

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The light that came flooding through the windows was bright, bright enough to nearly blind me even through my closed eyelids. With a groan, I turned over onto my side, turning away from the sun.

The hairs on my back of my neck stood on end and an uncomfortable shudder rolled down my spine, I was being watched. My eyes snapped open and I hurriedly shuffled back against the wall, holding my hands up in a defensive position.

"Calm down (Y/N), it's only me" came to familiar collected voice, I panted shakily, my heart thumping rapidly in my chest at the male that appeared before me.

"Kaname? What—what are you doing here?" I sputtered, running a hand through my hair and relaxing my tense shoulders.

"That voice you were talking about? Did you hear it last night?".

"No, why?" I mumbled, pushing the blankets off and slipping off of the bed, making my way over to my closet, I began pulling out clothes for the day when I felt a cool hand land on my shoulder. Tensing my muscles, I stopped in my movements.

"I stayed with you, the whole night while you slept—the voice never came. It seems it doesn't want to be heard by anyone other than you".

His hand slowly slipped from my shoulder down my arm under his gentle fingers, and with his grip on my hand, he slowly turned me to face him.

His jaw was clenched and his eyes were downcast "Kaname? Is something wrong?", the corners of his lips tugged up at my concern and he let out a breathy laugh "you're kind, worrying about me" he mumbled.

Gently, he tugged me towards him "...may I?" he mumbled, I paused for a moment, brows furrowing in confusion. To ease my suspicions, Kaname took a step forward, chest coming up to brush against my own.

One arm wound around my waist, resting on my back – the other maintained its grip on my hand. "Kaname...?" I breathed out.

I could hear his gulp "please" he mumbled quietly "just for a little while". Biting my lips, my arms slowly rose until their gently wound around my neck, returning his embrace.

"Okay, just for a little while".

His eyes fluttered closed and his head angled down until the tip of his nose brushed against the skin of my neck, he inhaled deeply. Goosebumps washed over me and as I parted my lips to speak, the door burst open.

"(Y/N) do—" the intruder stopped dead, and quickly, Kaname and I withdrew from each other. Standing on opposite ends of the room.

"What—what is going on here?" the intruder sputtered, and as I hurriedly turned to look at them. I was surprised by who I saw. Standing there, eyes wide and filled with hurt – jaw dropped and body rigid; was Yuki.

"Yuki..." Kaname mumbled, and I had never seen his expression look quite so panicked before.

"It's not what it looks like" I took a step towards her with a deep breath and her eyes moved from Kaname over to me "Kaname was feeling down, he needed a shoulder so I lent him one", as I explained, I glanced over at the male.

The look in his eyes was grateful, and he nodded to the female, to show her I was telling the truth. Yuki visibly relaxed, letting out a relieved sigh "well what's wrong?" she rushed over to the male, placing her hands on his forearms "can I help you with anything? Please tell me what's bothering you".

I glanced over at Kaname, who clearly didn't want to talk about it. Walking towards them, I placed my hand on her shoulder "it's none of our business Yuki, Kaname will talk about it when he's ready".