Prologue

Sitting in a bar and waiting for a prey didn't take such a long time, it was Ava's lucky day today. She didn't even have to hunt for her next victim, her prey found its own path to Ava Black.

"Well hello there, pretty lady." Ava's eyes traveled to the man who sat beside her, she couldn't deny that he was handsome. And let's not forget, charming. "Can I, uh, buy you a drink?"

Ava flicked her wavy brunette hair over her shoulder as she smiled at the man who seemed in awe, "that's very kind of you. Such a gentleman."

"Well, you know me. A typical gentleman." The man said, chuckling.

"Actually, I don't...know you." Ava tilted her head to the side slightly, pretending to be taken aback.

"Right, right. Sam Drake." Sam stuck out his hand for her to shake. "And...you areee?"

"I'm Scarlett." Ava lied thru her teeth and offered him a cheerful but flirtatious smile.

"Scarlett. That's a pretty name." Sam said.

"So...Sam, how about that drink?" Ava's eyes traveled down to the man's jeans, watching where his pocket was hidden.

"Of course- heyya, uh, buddy." Sam reached out for his back pocket only to reveal Ava's prize, "can I get two beers please?"

Flicking his wallet open and sliding his fingers in it only revealed how much cash he had and Ava was starting to believe that today was her lucky day.

"So! You come here often?" As Sam spoke, Ava already had a scheme of how to drag his money out of his wallet.

"Is that your usual pick up line you use against your victims?" Ava wanted to chuckle at how oblivious he was that he, Sam Drake, is the victim after all.

"You got me there, sweet cheeks." Sam chuckled, dragging the two beers across the table, "maybe I should've used a different line, hm? I bet you aren't like other women around here." Sam's eyes traveled all over the woman.

Her wavy brunette hair that held natural gold locks in them brought out her honey orbs, and let's not forget the classic red lipstick always worked wonders for him. The woman had style too, dressing in casual blue jeans and a leather jacket made her seem more luring.

Ava took a swig of her beer and locked eyes with the man, "you know...you're rather...interesting."

Sam didn't mind how Ava was leaning in so close to him that he could feel her warm breath on him, "it feels like your...hiding a skeleton in your closet."

With a little chuckle, the woman continued to speak in a low voice as her fingers captured his pocket, "I like my men charming and mysterious."

"Well, I hope you aren't into psychopaths- women who do are usually a bit coo-coo themselves, am I right?"

"Well...no. But I do like bad boys." Ava smiled, biting her lower lip as she grabbed some of his cash and pushed his wallet gently back in, "I must say that, I do like you, Sam."

Ava continued to purr in his ears, " but I'm afraid that I must get going."

"Hey, hey, hey! We were gettin' somewhere! Where you going?" As Sam called out, the woman hurried away from him.

He groaned to himself, disappointed that such a catch was out of his grasp in such a short time. Sam always had women lingered for as long as he wanted them to, but this one seemed to be hurrying away-

Sam suddenly perked up and patted his jeans to find his wallet. When he slipped his wallet open, his remaining 300 dollars were gone.

"Oh, you're a slyyyyy cat." Sam scoffed at his empty wallet, he couldn't disagree that she had style, "oh, I'm gonna get you."