Chapter Forty Five

AN:OKay so I posted the gif above because I'VE NEVER FUCKING NOTICED SAM TAKE HIS CIGARETTE. AM I THE ONLY ONE!!???

"Damn you villains, who are you? And from whence came you?"

- Blackbeard

"Take a look you three." Ava said when Nate, Sully and Sam arrived to stand beside her, all of their serious orbs focusing on the cross that was openly exhibited. 

Sam's hands flew up to his tuxedo jacket, shifting and fixing it as his fingers smoothen any suspected wrinkles as Ava felt his eyes burning right through her for a moment before Nathan spoke. 

"That's Avery's cross." 

"They brought it out of storage a few minutes before you guys got here, you know." Ava turned around to face Sully and Nate while her back was leaning against the railing, Sam positioned himself beside her to get a better look at the cross. 

"They changed the lot order." Sam pointed out. 

"Takes a whole pile of cash to make that happen." Sully let out a little sigh as he shifted his weight on his feet, abandoning the cigar that rested between his fingers. 

"Okay so how long before they start the bidding?" Nathan questioned.

"Fifteen minutes top." Sully and Ava answered in sync. 

"There's gotta be some way we can grab it." As Nate spoke, Ava caught onto his little worrisome tone. 

"There is just a small matter of a few hundred eyewitnesses, Nate." Ava's eyes shifted to Sam who was focusing on his shoes, a little pout formed on his lips as his eyebrows scrunched up in thought. 

"Damn it, okay...but we just need a diversion." 

"Oh God, Nate, we would've never guessed. You're such a genius!" Nathan rolled his eyes at Ava's sarcasm, "like what, ding-dong?"  

Under the curious gaze of Sully and Ava who were waiting for an answer and the snickering of Sam behind the two that definitely did not boost his confidence, Nate started to stumble over his words. "Like, uh, like...um, l-like I don't know. B-But there's gotta be something." 

"If the guards see us making for that cross-" 

Before Sully could continue, Ava turned to face a chuckling Sam and she knew that he probably came up with something. 

"What if they don't see us?" Sam watched the three in a certain astonishment, his left hand flaying as he spoke, "Jesus, you guys act like you've never spent time in prison before." With Sam's words, Ava immediately caught on to what Sam was thinking but suddenly a certain hot scene of them back in prison doing it after lights out flashed in her brain, making her cheeks flare as she immediately averted her eyes away from Sam's orbs, who noticed the sudden change and raised a curious and questioning brow. 

Nevertheless, he continued. "If you want something dirty done...then you wait for-" 

"Lights out." Sully, Nathan and Ava said in sync. 

Sully bobbed his finger at Nathan as his eyes flared up with a hint of excitement, "Where's that electrical panel for this place?" 

The four of them shifted their positions and huddled over the table as nathan grabbed the map from the inside of his jacket, laying it flat out on the table. 

"There's the ventilation...electrical..." Nathan pointed around the map with his index and middle finger before jabbing the electrical panel's spot once he found it on the map. "That's it up here. So we just have to climb up there, kill the lights." 

Nathan turned to face his brother as Sam continued with a little excited smirk propping the corner of his lips upwards, "and grab the cross in the dark." 

"There will be an emergency generator." Sully said. 

"That'll give us a few seconds of darkness to work with." Ava nodded at Nathan's comment before adding her own. "I guess that means we have to be super quick." 

"And meaning we have to be right next to the cross when the lights go out." Sam added this time. 

"No way we can get that close without being noticed." But everyone's attention swayed from Sully as another voice sounded from behind them. Mainly from behind Ava. 

"Antipasti?" A waiter with slick chocolate brown hair offered Ava with a flirty gleam in his eyes and a smirk. 

Sam's eyebrows knitted together as he eyed the waiter in irritation as an idea popped into his mind. 

Everyone else around the table noticed the flirting of the waiter and of course, Sam's little jealousy that slipped out. Except Ava, who only focused on the flirting waiter and rejected the little bites awkwardly, "uh, no g-grazie."

The waiter gave an accepting nod and took one last look at Ava before turning on his heels. Sam, who was reaching out for the little snack, didn't manage to get anything as the waiter walked away with a little 'ciao' to Ava. 

Sam scoffed to himself before leaning on the table, "A waiter wouldn't get noticed." He said with a little eye roll. 

"That could work." Sully said as he tried to bite back his upcoming smile- the scene of a little jealous Sam was a real kicker for him for some reason. 

"That will work." Nathan glanced at the waiter who turned around only to witness the waiter set his eyes on Ava before going down the stairs. "All right, all right, I'll get to the breaker room and kill the power." 

"You mean I'm the waiter?" Sam asked as he scratched his little stubbles on his chin. 

Nathan's eyes darted from Sam to Ava in a sudden thought, "you two are the best pickpocket- you two are the waiters." 

"Sounds good to me." Sam said as Ava approved with a little nod. 

Then, Nathan turned to Sully, "You head down to the floor and keep your eyes on the prize, okay? let us know if anything, uh, hinky, goes down." 

"Roger that." Sully said with a smirk and a wink. 

"All right. Listen, we still got this." Nathan met Sam's and Ava's eyes, "ready?" 

"Ready." Ava and Sam said in sync. 

"All right- follow me. We'll cut through the cellar." 

As Nathan dashed right behind Sully, Sam lingered in the back with Ava. 

"So..." Sam began, a little playfulness in his tone. 

"Sooo..." Ava returned the playfulness as her eyes darted away from his.

"Did I mention that you look really, really good tonight?" 

Ava raised a brow as she faced Sam, who's smirk fell at Ava's expression. 

"Sam Drake, are you telling me that I only look good when I put in the effort?" 

Sam's eyes widened as his mouth gaped, "w-what? no, no, no,no I m-mean you're always beautiful. I mean-" 

Ava snorted loudly before shoving Sam's shoulder, "relax, Sammy. I was just kidding with you. Besides...you cleaned off pretty good yourself." 

For a moment, Sam felt his heart beat in his throat before he swallowed hard, catching up with Ava. 

Before they went down the stairs, Sam gave out his arm for Ava to lock with his. With a smile, she accepted.