Chapter Twenty One

AN: Again my dear readers, this'll just be a continuation from chapter Twenty (just in case, so u guys don't get confused or anything)
So, tell me, are you all excited as I am for the last of us 2? There's a lotta theories hinting towards Joel's death, what do you guys think?

PLUS THIS GIF OF SAM IS SO SEXY JFC IDK WHY BUT I CAN'T

***

"I have been sworn against by perjured and wicked people."

-William Kidd

A sudden, unfamiliar breeze brushed over Ava's naked back as she laid on her stomach, the right side of her face squished on the pillow.

Ava's arm released it's hold on the pillow she was hugging so tightly during her sleep only to fling her arm on the empty spot beside her. Her brows knitted in confusion at the cold, empty spot beside her. Her eyes blinked a couple of times to clear her vision.

There was no sight of Sam beside her.

The first thought that came to her mind was that Sam bailed on her when she fell asleep.

But at least he didn't forget to tuck her in...right?

Ava's tanned legs swung over the bed and she immediately dragged herself to the mini fridge in search for some beer. Luckily for her, there was one bottle left.

But again, that breeze that woke her up, sent a chill down her spine and she shivered. At the corner of her eyes, the flowing curtains caught her attention.

As she turned, a shirtless Sam was smoking in the balcony with a beer in his hand. Ava took a moment to appreciate how the moonlight glowed on his skin, revealing his flexed muscles with darker shadows while the rest of his body was simply illuminated by the simple, gentle light.

Ava let out a sigh of relief- he didn't just screw her and leave, he just craved a cigarette. She silently thanked the heavens that he didn't disappoint.

Before making her way to the man, she found her discarded clothes on the floor and wore them in a hurry.

"Couldn't sleep?" Ava said, strolling beside him only to lean on the metal bar, copying his moves.

"Hey-" Sam was slightly surprised by her sudden presence, "did I wake you?"

"Hmm, not quite." Ava gave him a twisted smile as her eyes rested on the city below them. The streets wasn't as busy as it was when they arrived, it was more calm now. The music that they stumbled upon as they roamed the city also died down. More people were indoors and Ava knew, like everyone else, not many innocent and good people would roam the streets at this kind of time.

Nevertheless, Panama was gorgeous. Ava silently thanked Rafe that he chose a good location- their hotel overlooked the ocean and it was only a few blocks away till they'd reach the beach. Ava swore that she could smell the salty breeze of the beach, that she adored dearly, up in that balcony.

Sam took notice of her silent admiration, he could see her eyes shimmer as she scanned the city and when it finally rested on the dark ocean, "what a beautiful view, huh?"