Chapter Thirty Six

Each passing month Ava watched her stomach grow bigger and bigger, it was somewhat fascinating yet shocking. Sometimes when she laid at night, she couldn't believe there was a human being growing inside of her belly, but sometimes Ava would panic about being a mother and Nora was instantly there to calm her down.

She experienced her baby's first kick when she was soaking in the bath, awkwardly trying to speak to the baby, Ava wished Sam was there to witness it and before Ava could subconsciously dive in her grieving time, Nathan, Nora and Sully were there by her side. But sometimes, Ava wondered if Sam would be happy at the news of Ava's pregnancy if he was alive, or would he panic and flee?  

But Ava couldn't dwell on the 'what ifs' when she had Nate, Nora and Sully. The three of them took turns with Ava whenever she had something to do, like when Sully went to Ava's ultrasound session to find the gender of the baby. 

"I'm gonna name her Aurora- whaddya think Sully?" Ava said after the session with bright eyes and a smile that almost ripped the corners of her mouth. 

"Oh, I love it kiddo." Sully had said with a warm smile on his face, yet in his head he still couldn't grab the reality of Ava being a mother. Hell, everyday he laid his eyes on her growing belly, he still couldn't believe his eyes. 

Currently, Ava was sat in the tub soaking in the warm water as her palm rested on her stomach. "Uh, I actually can't tell...if you can hear me or not." Ava spoke awkwardly as she eyed her belly curiously. "This is weird." She whispered to herself, she decided to push on, besides it was only her and the baby in the bathroom. "Well I...read my favorite books to you and, well, Nora spoke to you...uncle Nate did too- oh grandpa Sully also told you a couple of stories of the women he met in his travels." 

Ava cleared her throat as she pushed her growing wet waves away from her face, "b-but I never really talked to you...umm, I never really mentioned your father." Licking her lips while her eyelids shut slowly, she emitted a rumbling sigh, "I mean- I don't wanna tell you about your daddy's...death. At least not yet, you're like a little potato right now, I don't think it's right for you to know...right?" 

Snorting loudly, Ava laughed at her rambling and decided to get back on track, "Well...if we start with his looks- your father is a hottie." Ava nodded as a smirk grew on her face, an image of Sam with a boyish grin popped in her mind. "I mean his boyish grin always seemed to sweep me off my feet. His eyes was, well, entrancing...it's like, it's like I have never seen such pair of eyes before." 

Ava suddenly remembered when she was a teen with Nora and Sully in China where they had an odd job, and Ava couldn't help but sneak in the zoo in the middle of the night just to lay her hungry eyes on a tiger-she always wanted to meet one- she remembered the eyes that suddenly appeared in the darkness, bright emerald eyes that locked with hers as the tiger began appearing behind the bars. 

"In this world Rory, it's difficult to find a beautiful face with a beautiful mind...your father was both. He had his flaws like I do, but it made me love him even more, you know?" Ava laid her head back as she continued sorrowfully. "I'm sorry you can't ever meet him, Aurora. He would've been really fun." 

A few weeks after speaking to her little Aurora, Sully sat in the living room with the newspaper in his hand and a cigar hanging from the side of his lips as he waited patiently for Ava to get dressed. 

Lately, Ava was complaining that she didn't feel well, and Sully along with everyone else, only thought that it was because her pregnancy was tiring her out and that Ava was getting tired of Mexican and Chinese food, so Sully decided to take Ava out to a nice restaurant where she can knock herself out. 

"Okay, I'm ready." Ava said as she put on her coat, suddenly the floor started to move quickly under her feet. Sully watched her dazed eyes and immediately got on his feet. A loud groan tumbled out of Ava's lips as she clutched her stomach, almost falling to the ground. 

"Ava, honey, what's wrong?" Sully felt his heart hammer against his cage wildly as he managed to get a hold of Ava. Her nails dug into his arm as another painful cry escaped her lips. 

"Sully-" A sharp pain pounded in her stomach and as her eyes traveled down to her pants at the sudden luke warm sensation running down her legs, At the sight both Sully and Ava started to panic. 

"Oh, shit." Sullivan now could hear his heart throb in his ears as he started to sweat bullets, he wrapped his arm around Ava's waist as he dragged her towards the phone. "C'mon, just a bit further, sweetheart." 

Nathan's number was the first thing Sullivan dialed and the moment he picked up, Sully didn't give Nathan a chance to speak, "Nate- it's Ava, it's real bad! I need you to get your ass to the hospital with Nora, ASAP! You hear me, kid? It isn't time for Ava to deliver!"