Chapter Eighteen

"For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"

-Bartholomew Roberts

The bright strain on Sam's shut eyes was disturbing enough to wake him up. As his eyes fluttered open, he remembered that he and Ava forgot to shut the curtains the other night due to their long night conversation as they watched the stars from the window. His sleepy eyes shifted to the floor beside him, a small suitcase was already packed and he only assumed that Ava finished packing her clothes along with Nora's when he fell asleep. The weight on his chest slightly groaned and moved and as he looked down at the groaning boulder that was sleeping on him, a smile immediately crept on his lips.

Ava used Sam as a warm human water bottle, her arms wrapped around him thru the night while she stretched her leg around his waist. Sam didn't mind though, her warm body kept his bare chest warm enough as his arm snaked around her waist and tugged slightly.

Sam and Nathan decided to pack their things and head to Nora and Ava's apartment for the night, since Rafe decided to pick everyone up from there with his fancy car.

Harsh knocking on the door made Ava groan loudly, shifting her position. Sam watched in curiosity as Ava turned on her side, giving him her back as she turned into a fetus position, pulling away his side of the blanket.

"Hey, c'mon, you guys should be up. Nathan and I are gonna pass by Sully's place, by the time we're back you guys better be ready!" Nora's voice was muffled behind the door.

"Five more minutes!" Ava cried out, her voice still laced with sleep.

Sam's hand brushed her hair away and as he leaned in to tickle her, something else caught his attention. He felt stupid that he never saw it before but he only made an excuse that her hair was down majority of the time. At the back of Ava's neck, she had a tattoo of a bee and right above it, there was a small lotus flower. Sam couldn't help but wonder what other tattoos were carved on her body that he missed?

"Ava..." Sam whispered in her ear.

"Mhhhm?"

"I think it's time for us to get ready, doll."

"I said five more minutes, jeez. Can't a woman sleep?" Ava shoved the blanket over herself, covering her entire body from head to toe.

"Alright..." Sam propped himself up only to sneak his hands under the blanket and grab her by the waist, making the woman fidget under his hold. "I guess this is the only way I'm going to wake you up!"

As Sam started to tickle her, Ava's laughter boomed.

"Stop it!" Ava tried to push the man off but to no avail, Sam kept on going.

Ava's eyes started to well up with tears as she lost her breath and that was the time when Sam pulled away.

"Are you awake now?" Sam asked playfully as he watched the woman heave.

"I hate you." Ava said with a little chuckle, wiping her teary eyes.

"Oh, we both know that's not true."

"Whatever floats your boat, Sammy." Ava propped herself up and shoved Sam off the bed and immediately jogged to the bathroom, only to be chased half way by Sam.

"Okay, okay, maybe I deserved that." Sam said in the middle of the hallway as he watched Ava open the door wide, a little playful smirk on her lips.

"What're you waiting for?" Ava said, making Sam perk up and raise a curious eyebrow. "Are you not gonna join me, Sammy?"

Sam with his agape mouth inched closer, R rated images already flooding thru his head as he pictured himself showering with Ava.