Chapter Thirty Five

AN: okay guys, so basically in this lil' world I don't think I'll be including Elena guys. Also, Nora will be similar to Elena but not so much.

***

"Nate?"

Ava opened the door to reveal an awkward smile plastered on the younger Drake brother, "hey." Nathan simply greeted.

A raised brow and a smile she failed to hide popped up on her features, "you know, Nora's not here- she's doing her journalism thingy again."

A month ago, Nora decided to get back into journalism and Ava, now and then, felt slightly lonely at home without her friend bouncing in and out of her room.

"I know that- I actually came here for you." Nathan raised the box of pizza in his hand, "Hawaiian, just like you like it."

Ava's eyes immediately lit up, she stepped aside to let him in the flat and Nathan swore he could see her drool already.

Ava and Nathan sat beside one another on the sofa with their heads leaning back, slightly full from the pizza that Nathan brought and the leftover chicken they decided to devour afterwards.

But suddenly Ava craved the taste of chocolate combined with strawberries and bananas and before she could rush to the kitchen, Nathan decided to speak.

"I went through Sam's belongings yesterday." As Nathan spoke, Ava could hear his dreary tone and she couldn't deny that at the sudden mention of Sam's name, her spirit suddenly went crashing down, melancholia taking over her.

Nathan dug deep in his jean pocket as he fished out Sam's motorcycle key, "I'm sorry it took me so long to give you this."

"Oh no, definitely not Nate-"

"No, Avy. Please. I am certain that he would've wanted you to have it anyway." A sad smile grew on Nathan's thin lips as he continued, "he told me about the two of you going for rides, it made him happy- I'm sure it made you happy too. So please, it belongs to you now."

As Nathan dropped the key in her hand, he watched as she tried holding back her tears while her lips quivered. Ever since they were little, Nathan had to admit that he had never truly seen Ava cry. He obviously knew she had feelings like him, but the only negative emotions he had seen Ava go through was anger, never gloomy or crying her eyes out. But he wish he never got to see it, he wished he never laid his eyes on her crying.

While he definitely imagined Nora in a sexy dress now and then, and would check out her butt, Ava was considered a sister to him, a close family member like Sully.

Leaning his head back on the sofa once again, Ava copied his moves.

"I keep repeating his death in my head every time I'm alone." Nathan admitted with a staggering sigh.

"I know, Nate." Ava said weakly, "I have nightmares about it." Before speaking again, Ava licked her lips and turned to face Nate, "I can't help...but feel guilty about abandoning the Avery chase."

"I know." Ava leaned her head on Nathan's shoulder as he comfortably rested his cheek on the top of her head.

"I miss him." Nathan muttered.

"I know. I miss him too."

Nora, who walked in the apartment with a bag of Chinese food on the left and Mexican food on the right, smiled at the sight of Ava and Nathan asleep on the couch.

The sight of the both of them with gaped mouths made her feel like she was taking care of two kids. She knew it was difficult for the two since Sam's death and she felt helpless that she couldn't help them. She shoved the food in the fridge and patted away to her room only to grab a blanket and cover Ava and Nate.

Nora took a key out of Ava's palm only realize it was Sam's motorcycle key when her eyes laid on the pirate medallion. With a heavy sigh, she kissed Nathan's cheek and Ava's forehead as she whispered a little goodnight.