3. The Body

Lucas's POV

Y/N eventually came out of the bathroom. I told her what the plan was. She nodded. We went upstairs to get El ready.

Eleven's POV

They took me upstairs into Nancy's room, Mike got out a box with colored powder. He got out a stick and rubbed it on my face. I flinched, he said everything would be okay.

Dustin POV

Mike had told us to find some girl cloths and a wig, he said we might find some stuff in the other end of the basement. All I could find was some fairy wings. Lucas found a pair of overalls. Y/N shook her head. None of this stuff was any good.

Mike's POV

I brushed some stuff on El, she looked scared I told her it would be alright. I thought she didn't need makeup, she was already pretty. But we had to make her look normal so we did. She didn't need it at all. I saw Nancy put in some of this stuff, so I figured this is what girls normally do.

Y/N POV

We continued to look for stuff. I was over by Lucas, he had pulled up I dress, I thought it be cute on all and it looked like it was her size, so why not. Then I noticed Dustin had found a blonde wig, he picked it up and put in on his head, we all laughed. I looked around for some shoes and socks when I noticed some pair of tube socks in the bottom of the bin. I picked them up and found some converse with them too. We brought them up to El. She went into Nancy's room to change. We waited outside for her. "So you really think this will work?" I asked Mike. "Ya." "You really think Will- will is still alive?" I chocked on my words. "Ya, he has to." El came out. We looked at her. Mike was starring at her. "Wow." Dustin said. "She looks-" "Pretty." Mike said. "Good. Pretty good. You look pretty good." They looked at each other. She smiled. She went over to the mirror and look at herself. "Pretty. Good." She said.

We went out to the garage and got our bikes, and I got on the back of Lucas's, and headed towards the school. It wasn't a long ride. We were soon at the school. We walked through the doors. "Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad." I already was sad. I wanted to believe them, but how could they explain the body. I didn't like thinking about it, eventually someone would ask us though. The intercom turned on. "Attention students, there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period." We had found the AV room.

Mike tried opening it, but it was opening. "It's locked." "What?" Lucas didn't believe him, he tried opening it, it didn't open. "Hey, do you think you can open it? With your powers?" Dustin asked El. Suddenly Mr. Clarke came around the corner. "Boys?" We all turned around quickly. "Hey." Lucas said. "Assembly's about to start." "We know. We're just, you know..." Mike said with a sad tone. "Upset." Lucas responded. "Yeah, definitely upset." Dustin quickly nodded. I looked down, and I brought back the memory of seeing Will's body almost bring me to cry. I nodded. "Ya." "We need some alone time." Mike said. "To cry." Dustin called out. I started to cry and hid my face. "Oh, uh, yeah listen... I get it. I do.

I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh." We nodded. "And then." He pulled out the keys to the room. He tossed them to Mike. "The Heathkit is all your for the rest of the day. What do you say?" He looked over to El. "I don't believe we've met. What's your name?" "Eleven-" Oh no. "Eleanor! She's my, uh-" "Cousin." Lucas added. "Second cousin." Dustin added on top of. "She's here for Will's funeral." Mike sighed. "Ah, well, welcome to Hawkins Middle. Eleanor. Wish you were here under better circumstances." She looked scared. "Thank you." She said. "Uh, where are you from exactly?" He questioned. We looked around at each other, looking for who would say where she's from. "Bad place." She said. Crap. I turned to Dustin to see if he could help. "Sweden!" He said. "I have a lot of Swedish family." Mike replied. "She hates it there." "Cold." Lucas added on. "Subzero." Dustin added. Mr.Clarke looked confused. "Shall we?" He was wanting us to go to the assembly. "Yep." Lucas stated. We walked to the assembly.