4. The Upside Down

Lucas's POV

We continued to hear the guns firing from down the hallway. "Come on! Come on!" Mike yelled. We were almost to the lab. "Sorry. Hold on, we're almost there. We're almost there El." Dustin said. We made it to the science lab. This was the closest safe spot we had. Mike closed and locked the door. Dustin sat El down in the table and I sat Y/N down in another table. El groaned. I ran to the sink and cupped my hand and held water in them and ran back to Y/N poring some over her face. "Y/N, wake up." She opened her eyes weakly. "Lucas? Wha- Where are we?" She asked. "We're in the lab. Everything's okay. Just lay down." I comforted her.

I ran back over to the sink and grabbed some paper towels and dabbed off some of the blood from her head. I needed to put pressure over it and I grabbed more paper towels and put them over her head then took my bandanna off and tied it into her head hopefully making the blood stop. "Lucas..." Y/N called. "What?" I bent down and looked into her eyes. She leaned herself in and kissed me.

Mike's POV

El was super drained there was no way she could fight the demogorgon. I wanted to comfort her. All of this was almost over I could just tell. I held her hand. "Just hold in a little longer, okay?" I told her. "He's gone. The bad man's gone. We'll be home soon, and my mom... she'll get you your own bed. You can eat as many eggos as you want. And we can go to the snowball together." I sniffled. "Promise?" She said softly. "Promise." I sniffed. There was a loud roar coming from outside the door and gunshots. The lights continued to go on and off. There was a loud thud then the gunshots stopped. "Is... is it dead?" There was a moment of silence. The demogorgon busted through the door.

Y/N POV

There was ringing through my ears and a massive headache. I had closed my eyes but I had opened them from hearing screaming. The demogorgon had gotten in. "Go, go, go, go!" Mike yelled. "Get the wrist rocket! Get the wrist rocket now!" Dustin screamed. Lucas took off his bookbag. "Go, go, go, go!" Mike screamed. The monster roared. I got off the table even though I could barely stand. The shuffled thorough his bag and Lucas grabbed his wrist rocket, and the boys handed him the rocks. He stretched it far back. "Go! Go! Kill it! Kill it!" Mike screamed. "Fire! Fire!" Dustin yelled. Lucas fired at the monster, it roared. "Give me another!" Lucas yelled. Dustin handed him one. "Kill it! B*stard!" Lucas held it back again.

"Kill it! Go, go, go, go!" Mike screamed. He fired at it again. It did nothing. It was walking toward us. "Get, get, get... come on, kill the b*stard!" Dustin screamed. "It's not working!" Lucas yelled. "Hit him again!" "Kill him!" They yelled. Lucas fired another rock. It got closer to us. I stood up to block the monster from them. "Y/N get out of the way!" Dustin yelled. Lucas loaded another rock. This wasn't going to work. "Move!" Lucas screamed. He fired again at the demogorgon, the demogorgon flew and hit the wall.

I moved towards the opposite wall with the others. What just happened? El walked by us going to the monster. There's no way she... she's drained, she couldn't have... "Eleven, stop!" Mike ran towards her. She put her arm out and he flung backwards back to us. The monster growled. Lucas held my hand. Mike had tears in his cheek. El was right next to the monster when I realized what she was doing. She was gonna kill the monster but in order to do that she... she would die too from so much power needed to do that.

She turned back to us. You could see her veins in her face and her eyes were a little red from the blood popping. "Goodbye, Mike." She said. My eyes started to fill up with tears. There was silence as she turned back to the monster and it growled at her. "No more." She said as she rose her arm up at the monster. It screeched. We covered our ears and closed my eyes. I heard El scream, she was giving her life up for us, so all of this would be over. The demogorgon roared and El screamed again.

I opened my eyes back up and uncovered my ears. She was gone, the monster was gone. Where did they go? All that was left was flakes. Mike got up. "El? El!" He screamed. She was gone. "Eleven!" Lucas called out. "El!" Me and Dustin screamed. Mike had tears streaming down his face. "El, where are you?" He cried. "Eleven!" Me and Lucas called out again. I looked up to see Lucas was crying too. I held onto his arm. He held me.

It hadn't been a while till we had to go outside, all of us still in tears. Some adults brought us out. The medics were outside. One pulled me away from Lucas to look at my head. They took off the bandanna, which I hadn't noticed Lucas gave me. I wrapped it around my wrist. I didn't get to say goodbye to Mike, Lucas, and Dustin. Since the paramedics rushed me to the ambulance and taken me to the hospital.

They put me to sleep and gave me an ex ray, apparently, but I woke up with some bandages around my head. The bandanna was still in my wrist. They said, I could go for now, and that my friends had stopped by and were in the waiting room. So I got up and went into the room. Lucas looked up and say me and ran over to me. "Oh my god! Y/N are you okay? I didn't get to see you, they just took you." Lucas said. "I'm alright." Dustin got up. "Y/N, guess what." He said. "What?" I asked. "Will's back!" They both said. "Where is he?!" I asked. "We can't see him. There still checking him out." Dustin said. "Oh, okay. Um, how's Mike?" I asked quietly. "He... he's alright... he just... well you know." Lucas said. I figured I still myself am sad. "Anyways, come an sit down." Lucas led me to a chair.

It had been awhile. Dustin had fallen asleep over Lucas. I layed my head in Lucas's others boulder. Then Jonathan came in.