5. The Bathtub

Y/N POV

Hopper said that the school should have some in there storage and this was for if the ice was bad in the winter but we'd be using it for a different reason. I road with Mrs. Byers, it was me, Lucas, and Dustin who went with her and Mike, El, Nancy, and Jonathan road with Hopper.

It didn't take us long till we got to the school. As soon as we got there Hopper and Jonathan went to go get the salt from the storage room.

Me, Lucas, and Dustin's job was to drag the pool and set it up. Dustin rolled it into the gym. "This d*nm thing is heavy." Dustin said. He pulled in into the center of the gym, we then had to unfold and set it up. We opened it up and it folded back. "Ya this isn't going to work." I said. "Okay, um..." Dustin was trying to think of a way we could do this. "How does this even work?" Lucas questioned. Lucas looked at Dustin and pointed to his right. "Try that side. And Y/N move to your left a little bit." It folded over again. "Son of a b*tch!" Dustin yelled. "Pull it back. Pull it back." Lucas told us. "I am!" Dustin said back. "Okay, in the count of three we hold it out. One. Two. Three." It wasn't working. "Sh*t!" Ugh, we needed Mike's help! Where was he?

Mike's POV

Nancy and I had to get the hoses. While the others had to set up the pool. How hard could that be? We went over to the other storage facility. Nancy couldn't open the door it was locked. I thrust my body against the door trying to open it. I grunted it didn't work. "Stand back." Nancy told me. What was she doing? She picked up a rock and hit it in the chain of the lock. The lock broke and she opened the door. "Whoa." I was impressed. She went inside and turned in the light and started grabbing some hoses. We put the hoses in a wheelbarrow.

I held the last hose and Nancy walked the wheelbarrow. We started walking back. "What did she even eat?" She asked me. "What?" I was confused. "Eleven." "Oh, leftovers, candies, eggos... " She interrupted me. "Eggos?" She asked. "Yeah, she really likes eggos." "I knew you were acting weird. I just... I thought it was because of Will." I wasn't the only one acting weird we both were. "I knew you were acting weird, too. I thought it was 'cause of Steve." We were keeping a lot from each other. "Hey..." She said as she set the wheelbarrow down. "No more secrets, okay? For now one we tell each other everything." If this was true, I had to ask her a question. "Okay. Do you like Jonathan now?" She had a immediate reaction. "What? No. No, it's... it's not... it's not like that." Sure, but I hardly believe that. "Do you like Eleven?" No we're just friends, I don't know why her and Lucas think so. "What? Ew. No. Gross." I told her. She picked up the wheelbarrow again and we went back to working.

Eleven's POV

The woman they called Mrs.Byers was finding the stuff I needed for the bathtub. She told me that there'd be stuff in the science room and so she looked for stuff I sat down. I had to do this, that was a final. And if I saw that faceless creature again, oh well, it can't hurt me but it could hurt Will. Mrs.Byers came back, she had goggles and a gray sticky stuff. She put the gray thing over the goggles. "This will keep it dark for you. Just like your bathtub." She told me.

I nodded. She looked at me, and I saw sadness and worry in her eyes. "You're a very brace girl. You know that, don't you? Everything you're doing... for my boy... for Will... for my family..." I was doing this not just to help Mike but that I wish for someone would help me with my family, but I have none. I looked back at the woman she was kind and caring, I wanted to live a normal life. "Thank you." She sniffled. I wish she was my mom.

She held my hands in hers. "Listen. I am gonna be there with you the whole time. And if it gets too scary... in- in that place, you just let me know, okay?" "Yes." I said. I no longer wanted to do this just for Mike but for her and Will, even though I didn't know him, I knew he didn't deserve this. "Ready?" She asked. My breathing was off. I was scared but I had to do this... for them. "Ready."