3. The Bathtub

Y/N POV

We apologized to El, we were wrong about her. I realized we were still in danger. "Guys we need to hide." I said to them. "Your right, follow me." He waved for us to follow him. He opened up the door to the bus, and we went inside, them we sat down. "So now what?" I asked. Was our only option to sit around? "We just wait." Mike said. "For wait?" "I'm not sure." This all was frustrating, Lucas took note of this and grabbed my hand, but in a sudden way. He mouthed 'It's ok, everything will be ok'. I'm glad he was here. The sound of helicopters were flying above us. This was crazy. Lucas sat next to me by the window. Mike. What was that? "Do you guys hear that?" Dustin asked. Mike, it's me, Nancy. It was coming from Mike's backpack, he ran over to it and pulled out his supercom.

Mike, are you there? Answer. We all listened in. Mike, we need you to answer. "What does she mean as in 'we'?" I asked. Mike shrugged. "Is that your sister?" Lucas asked. This is an emergency, Mike. Do you copy? We all looked at each other, we didn't know what to do. Mike, do you copy? "Okay, this is really weird." Dustin was right. Lucas grabbed the supercom. "Don't answer." Mike took it from him. "She said it was an emergency." Lucas said. "What if it's a trick." Mike responded. "It's your sister!" "What if the bad people kidnapped her? What if they're forcing her to say this." Mike was right. I need you to answer. "It's like Lando Calrissian. Don't answer." Dustin said.

We need to know that you're there, Mike. I raised my hand up. "All in favor of not picking up raise your hand." I said. Dustin, Mike, and El raised there hand. "Sorry Lucas." I said. Listen, kid, this is the chief. He voice changed. If you're there, pick up. Why was the chief with Nancy? We know you're in trouble and we know about the girl. We all looked at each other. "Why is she with the chief?" Lucas asked. "How the h*ll does he know about..." Dustin said. We can protect you, we can help you, but you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy? Over. We sat in silence, it was Mike's decision. He held down the button. "Yeah, I copy. It's Mike. I'm here." He looked around at all of us. "We're here." The decision was made. I just hoped it was the right one.

All we had to do is wait now. Dustin started to pace. It was staring to get annoying but I didn't say anything, I couldn't blame him, I was nervous to. "Will you stop pacing?" Mike asked. "It's been way to long." It had been like fifteen minutes, that was a bit long. "Do you know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all a trap and the bad men are coming to us right now!" He said. "It's not a trap. Why would the chief set us up? Nancy, maybe, but the chief?" Lucas said. Mike looked offended. "Lando Calrissian." Dustin said. "Would you shut up about Lando?" Lucas said. I have him a look to calm down. "I don't feel good about this. I don't feel good about this!" Dustin yelled. When do you feel good about anything?!" It wasn't working. Dustin continued to pace. That's when we all noticed cars aprouching. Oh no.

We ran to the front of the bus. "Sh*t!" Dustin yelled. We were surrounded. "Go, go, go, go." Mike pulled is to the back, and we crouched down and hid behind the seats. "Lando." Dustin panted. "You think they saw us?" Lucas questioned. "Both of you, shut up." Mike said. Lucas was about to say something but I put my hand over his mouth. I peaked out the window, the men were out of their cars, then I noticed the shining objects I there hands, I looked closer... they were guns. "They have guns." I said. I moved my head back down. The man opened the door. I was about to cry, I didn't want to die. Then he got knocked out. The chief came in. We stood up. "All right, let's go." He said. We all looked at each other again to make sure everyone was okay. "Let's go!" He said once again. We grabbed our stuff and ran out and got into his car.

We all sat there in silence. By the time we got to he Byers house it was dark. Mrs. Wheeler, Jonathan, and Nancy came out to meet us. We all got out of the car. Nancy came running over. "Mike. Oh, my god. Mike!" She hugged him. "I was so worried about you." "Yeah, uh... me, too." He responded. She looked back at us and at El. "Is that my dress?" She asked. El looked back at us. She nodded. We went inside, we had to hurry. Mike explained the flea and the acrobat example to them. "A gate." Dustin said. "That we tracked to Hawkins Lab." Lucas said. "With our compasses." Dustin added. They looked back at us. "Okay, so this gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the direction of a compass needle." Dustin exclaimed. "Is this gate underground?" The chief asked. "Yes." El said. We all looked at her, she's barley ever talked. "Near a large water tank?" He asked. "Yes." El nodded. "How do you know all that?" Dustin asked. "He's seen it." Mike said. "Is there any way that you could... could reach Will? That you could talk to him in this-." Mrs. Byers asked. "The Upside Down." Eleven replied. "Down. Yeah." "And my friend Barbra? Can you find her, too?" Nancy asked. El nodded.