The Forbidden Fruit

Chapter 14: The Forbidden Fruit.

Jai's POV:

"You're crazy."

"I know," I sighed. Axel paced in front of me, his thumb resting on his bottom lip. I laid in my bed, just watching Redhead stride back and forth.

"Do you think this is some kind of game?" he suddenly asked, his eyes burning with anger.

"Nope," I responded, popping the p. He threw his hands up in defeat.

"Then what?" he demanded, his hands clamping down on the edge of my bed. "What was that about?"

I rolled my eyes. "I thought it would be obvious."

"Stop being so damn cryptic! It's annoying!" Axel snapped furiously. I was slightly taken aback by his behaviour. I sighed and bit my lip.

"Have you ever felt like you can't make your own decisions?" I asked.

He hesitated. "That happens sometimes."

"I wanted to make one. It's almost like an addiction. I was deprived of choosing my path in life and now I finally get the chance to. Even if I make stupid decisions," I paused to gauge his reaction. "I'm doing it so that I can be myself."

Axel shook his head, falling onto my bed and holding his head in his hands. He gazed at me in curiosity. "I don't understand you. You're so... reckless."

"Does it make you mad?" I teased with a giggle.

"Yeah!" he laughed, rolling his eyes. "It really does."

Like always, silence fell. No words needed to be said anymore between us, even though emotions welled up inside my heart that I was dying to express. Communication between the two of us was easy, but it was almost like we made it difficult by choice. Both of us were strange, and together, we were even weirder.

"Hey..." he muttered nervously, rolling on his side and propping his head in his hand. "Wanna go somewhere with me today?"

My eyes widened. "Me?"

"You see anyone else here, dork?" he shot back, his tone light and teasing.

To be sure, I quickly glanced around. I nodded once I realised I was the only other person in my room, to which Axel raised an eyebrow.

"You're an odd one."

"Yeah," I agreed. My stomach did an awkward flip. "Where do you want to go?"

Axel grinned. "You want to be free, right?"

"Always."

"Let's go to Neverland," Axel responded, a sparkle in his eyes.

"What does Neverland have to do with freedom?" I laughed dryly. Axel looked at me like I was an idiot.

"Heaps," he stated. "Even the name makes it sound free."

I paused. "Interesting logic."

He dismissed me with a wave of his hand, which then settled on the back of his neck. His eyes met mine. "Who said logic had anything to do with freedom?"

The biggest grin setlled onto my lips as I nodded. He was right. I was going to go and have fun in Neverland, and there was nobody to stop me.

Third Person POV:

Demyx held his breath, mentally preparing himself to report back to the Superior. His mission was purely recon, seeing as he wasn't good for much else, but this time, he was nervous. Talking to Xemnas was always terrifying, and the feeling was only a billion times worse than usual.