Chapter Twelve: I'm Third Place

I had to get a quirk the repelled electricity. I would have to wait a while. Kaminari and I would be the third battle. Deku was up first.
"Midoriya is going up again Shinsou. His power is somethin' else. I was on his team, I forfeit because of his quirk."
"What did he do, Ojiro?"
"Well, he ask me to join his team and I didn't know what happened after that. But when the Calvary battle was almost over, I remembered what happened after that."
"What's his quirk?"
"I dunno, but it can be very terrifying. As long as Midoriya doesn't respond to Shinsou. He'll be fine."
"I hope Deku is okay."
He put a hand on my shoulder.
"I've warned him about it so he should be fine."
"Thanks,Ojiro."
I watched Deku. Deku looked furious. Shinsou must of been trying to get Deku to respond. Deku just stood there. Deku broke, I could tell. He yelled at Shinsou. Deku stopped. He turned around. Deku, what's he doing. He going the wrong way. Was this Deku, no it could of been. This was the work of Shinsou's quirk. I just watched. I couldn't do anything. He was getting closer and closer. I decided to do something.
"DEKU, BREAK FREE FROM HIS QUIRK! FIGURE IT OUT...please."
I knew it wouldn't work.

**Deku's pro**

I couldn't move. I was walking without my content. I was getting to close to the boundary. I had to do something. I saw shadows. I seen All Might, it was the people who had one for all before me. I heard a voice from the distance. It sounded like a whisper in the back of my mind.
"Deku, break free---.Firgure it out.-"
I didn't hear all of, but it sounded familiar. I could break free. I used one for all with my fingers. I exploded my fingers. I could see again. I looked up at y/n. She was crying and staring at me. She was happy.

**y/n pro**

I was crying, he broke free. He could finally see me and he can go on. Deku ran up towards Shinsou and punched him.  They had to fist fight now. It was an even fight. He knocked Deku down, but Deku got back up and slung him over his shoulder and put Shinsou outta bounds. Deku won. They took him to the infirmary to heal up. I decided to walk down to see him. I knocked on the door.
"Come in!"
It was the recovery girl who spoke.
I opened the door and walked in.
"Deku!"
I ran to him and hugged him.
"Y/n."
"Deku you did it."
"Thanks. You were part of it."
"My encouraging yell, helped you."
"Yes. Yes it did."
I hugged him a bit harder.
"I love you, Deku."
"I love you, too."
We briefly kisses.
"He's okay to go."
Deku got up.
"Thank you."
He bowed to the Recovery girl.  I noticed All Might walked into the room. We waved to All Might.
"Good job, young Midoriya. You have advanced to the next stage."
"Oh, thank you. All Might."
"And you, Young Brando."
"Yes, Sir?"
"Do a good job."
"I will, sir!"
All Might did a thumbs up. Deku walked back to where our class was. Todoroki was battling Sero. I had to go to the waiting room. I waited patiently. I watches the fight. I was terrified of Todoroki. The ice he created was enormous. I had to wait even longer. Then it was time for me to battle Kaminari.  I didn't get a chance to copy anyone's quirk. We stood in front of each other.
"I'll take you out on a date after I bet you."
"You wouldn't hurt a girl without a quirk, would you?"
"No, quirk? I'll on easy on you at first, but I'll get harder."
"Okay, fist fight never the beginning?"
"Fine, whatever, I'll still win."
"I'll fuck yo shit up."
"We'll see."
We heard the word start and we began. I ran up to him and punched him, but he dodged. He punched back. I fell down, but quickly got back up. I copied his quirk. I quickly used it.
"AAAHHHH!"
I made it sound epic before I used it.
Kaminari got electrocuted by me. He was stunned for a moment so I dragged him outta bounds.
"Well, I told you that I'll fuck yo shit up."
"How about that date?"
"Sorry, I already have one."
"Please tell me who the lucky guy is."
"Nope. It's our secret. I promised."
"Aww. I wanted to know."
I was told to go the recovery girl to heal my small injury. After that, I quickly went back to out class seats.
"Deku!"
"Y/n!"
I ran to sit beside him and.... Bakugou. I sat between them. Bakugou kept staring at me.  Bakugou tried to grab my butt. I gave him a death stare. He looked terrified of me now.
"Bakugou what's the matter? You looked like see a ghost."
"Shut up, weird hair!"
"Hey Bakugou, scoot over so I can sit by Copycat!"
"No, go sit somewhere else!"
He looked at me and I death stared him again.
"You know, what you can sit here."
Bakugou quickly move over a seat, still terrified.
"Hey, Copycat. What's up with Bakugou?"
"I dunno, probably terrified of me."
"Hey Bakugou, she'll fuck yo shit up!"
"I'll fuck yo shit up!"
Bakugou scooted to the back row of seats.
"Jesus, what you do to him?"
"I dunno."
"Other than that he's himself."
"I fucked his shit up."
"You fucked his shit up."
"Every time he looks at me now, he'll probably piss himself."
"Yeah."
We did the secret best friends handshake. I looked over at Deku, he was observing. I told Redhead was I was going to do to Deku. I leaned in my seat. My knees were in the seat and feet dangling in Redhead's seat. Deku didn't notice me leaned next to him. I whispered in ear.
"Hi."
"Aaahh!"
I scared him. Redhead and I were laughing our asses off. Deku was embarrassed.
"Y/n, that wasn't funny."
"I'm dying!"
"Y/n, that was fucking funny, he didn't see it coming."
"I know right!?"
Deku punched me.
"Ooww."
"Y/n, why did you do that for?"
" 'Cause it would be funny."
"It wasn't funny for me. I was observing."
"Sorry, I just had to I put some of your hair and you didn't notice."
"Now, I don't have info about Iida for you."
"Eh. I'll be fine. I have a secret power of mine too."
"What is it?"
"Not telling you."
"Aaww, come on, tell me!"
"No."
"Fine."
We sat there and watched everyone else's fights. Redhead and Steel boi were a draw and they passed out. We had to wait for them to arm wrestle. Todoroki and Deku were up next to fight. I was worried for Deku. He'll break his fingers. Or worse everything. He couldn't hold long against Todoroki. I wondered how it'll go.
They were coming up to fight. Todoroki shoot ice out fast. Deku exploded it with his quirk. This kept going on for a while. I watched with tears to almost breaking. Watched Todoroki only fight with ice, there was a reason. Deku started to yell at Todoroki. Todoroki was getting a furious look to him. He was also freezing on one side. It looked like something sparked in Todoroki. It wasn't just flames. There was something else. The fire was intense. Todoroki had a weird half happy half angry smile. I never seen Todoroki like this before. He looked like he was about to cry. Deku started to us his quirk mor powerfully as well. They ran towards each other.  Cement wall come up. They couldn't hold the pressure.
"Copycat, sit down you'll get hurt from the debris!"
He shoved me down into my seat and  leaned over me to protect me. Redhead was a true beat friend. Debris did come. Not a lot tho.
"Ow!"
"You alright?"
"Yea, don't you worry 'bout me."
Redhead was worried about me. He smiled at me. He looked back at the battle. He sat back down in his seat. I stood up and seen Deku was outta bounds. I started to cry. Todoroki was still standing. Todoroki's shirt was half way torn up. They hurried and took Deku to the Recovery Girl. I couldn't go see Deku because I had to fight next. I was up against Iida. I ran to the waiting room. It wasn't too far tho. I ran past a guy who was on fire. He was kinda scary looking. I didn't want him to talk to me but he did.
"Aren't you suppose to already be in the waiting room?"
"Yes, sir."
"Then why you out here then?"
"I was watching the fight with my friends."
"Okay, just get there or else."
"Yes, sir!"
I hurried and walked to the waiting room. That guy was terrifying. I don't know who he is. I'm pretty sure he's a pro hero. I don't want to know what the or else he said is.  I waited for the battle to start. That guy is scary as hell.  It seemed like forever to have Iida and my battle to start. We both got into place to get ready. Iida was stretching a bit before battle. I just stood there doing nothing and waited to start.
"Ready, start!"
Iida came towards me. I side stepped out of the way. He came back. I just barley missed him pass by, but I touched him. I whispered disable, and he stopped going fast.
"What? My engines!!"
I noticed that they weren't working. I smiled.
"What!? I thought they were fine."
"Oh, Iida, they're fine."
I cracked my knuckles, looking tough.
"I thought you could only copy quirks!?"
"I have my own special moves."
I walked over to touch him, and I copied his quirk.
"Try again next year!"
I smiled cheerfully. I pushed him with his quirk outta bounds.
"You've changed, y/n."
"No I haven't. I just used your own quirk against you."
I felt weaker, I was losing stamina.
"Release."
"Release?"
"Huh? You heard that?"
"You said it pretty loud."
"Well, only one person knows my secret move."
"Who?"
"The guy I'm fighting next."
"Todoroki?"
I didn't say anything. I walked away and went to the infirmary to see Deku. It took me a bit to get there. Deku was already out of the infirmary.
"Hey, y/n!"
I ran up to him and hugged him.
"Ow."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I see you're doing better."
"Yeah."
"That's good."
"How you do?"
"I'm...."
"Oh..sorry."
"I'm fighting Todo next!"
"You made it!?"
"Yeah!"
"Oh, y/n! I'm so proud. Mom is probably proud, too."
"Thanks."
I kissed him on the lips. It was a nice warm kiss. It felt wonderful. A victory kiss, you could say. We walked back to our seats holding hands. I kinda dragged Deku along to our seats.
"Hey, Copycat! You did good!"
"Heh, thanks."
I rubbed my head with proudness and a bit of embarrassment. Deku and took our seats and watched the other two battles. Tokoyami won the battle against Mina and Bakugou won against Redhead. I walked my way to the waiting room and seen Redhead.
"Redhead!"
"Copycat!"
"You did good!"
"Thanks! Good luck with Todoroki!"
"Thanks, hope I win!"
I ran off to the waiting room. I happened to go into where no one was every time. Maybe I just have good guessing skills. No one else was in the waiting room. I had to wait a few minutes. I always waited. I was nervous to up against Todoroki.
"Player 1 and 2 get ready please."
Well it time for me to get ready. I walked out of the entry way to the arena. I was terrified now. Todoroki was in front of me. I didn't know what he would do. He could do what he did with Sero. I would be almost dead with that attack.
"Ready start!"
We began. Todoroki didn't do anything. I ran closer to him. I kept running towards him. He move away from me. He was being cautious about my ability. I ran towards him but followed his movements. I soon trapped him in a corner. He didn't move after that. I ran towards him. I leaped towards him. I touched his face with my hand. Something happened. I was seeing something. It was Todoroki as a child. His, mother crying. Another scene. He was looking through a door and over hearing his mom. His mom didn't like Todoroki's left side. She poured boiling water over his left side.
"AAAHHHH!"
I could feel the pain. His dad. He's the same terrifying guy I meet. He was abusive. I could see Todoroki's face again and I was holding my eye since it was burning. I didn't realized I copied just his fire quirk. Tears ran down my face.
"You're pitiful. Crying for no reason. I thought you were better than his y/n!"
I'd seen tears go down his face. All I had was his fire ability. I looked in the crowd for his father. I found him. He was staring at me. I gave him a death glare. I now know what he did.
"I'm sorry, y/n. I have to do this."
He crouched down and touched my foot. My body was freezing. More tears rolled down both our faces.
"Y/n is immobilized! Todoroki is the winner!"
Todoroki quickly unfroze me. He started to walk away. The fire on my face soon disappeared. He walked farther and farther. I decided to get up and run towards him. I hugged Todoroki.
"Y/n?"
"Todoroki, I've felt your pain. I wished your life wasn't bad. You're a good person. "
"Y/n, you hadn't felt my pain."
He pushed me off.
"Todo, I seen your past! I wasn't screaming in pain from the fire, I was screaming from your pain."
"YOU DON'T KNOW MY PAIN, ALRIGHT! YOU COULDN'T OF SEEN MY PAST!"
"Todo, your mom hated your left side, she pour boiling water on your face. You father abused you. Don't you understand now, that I've seen your past!"
He cried even more.
"Why? You don't know my....pain. Alright?"
"I'm sorry Todo. But I'm being serious. I didn't ask anybody this. I've seen it through your eyes. I'm not kidding."
He ran back to me and hugged me again.
"I don't know how you did it, but I believe you."
"I don't know how I did it either."
"Thank you."
We walked back in thought the entryway. His father walked towards us. I knew what he did. He walked up to Todoroki. He stood in front of him. His father slapped him. I gasped. I couldn't believe his own father would do that.
"Shoto, you shouldn't hang out with a girl like her. She's just trying to get you to love her by saying lies."
"I wasn't lying!"
"He told you all of that. There's no way to know that kinda of information unless he told you."
"I've seen it through his eyes with my eyes. I'm not lying!"
"Todoroki, do you believe his girl!? I wouldn't believe shit from her."
"Dad, she's better than what you think. She's not a douchebag."
"Oh, really what's her quirk then?"
"She can copy quirks."
He pulled me by my hair.
"Ow!"
"Is that really all she has? She did something with the engine boy. You know something, don't cha?"
"Put her down!"
"She would make a great wife for you, since you care so much her. Her quirk can't just be copying, now is it?"
"Don't tell him, Todo!"
"So she does have something else. We could have a forced quirk marriage."
"I will never tell you."
"Oh, really? What will you do? A quirk marriage has to be agreed with one parent each."
"My mom's dead, and I don't have a dad."
"Well I can just force you."
"Fine, I'll tell you."
"What is it?"
"She can copy and disable quirks."
"That's weird combination of quirks."
"Put her down!"
"Huh, interesting."
He threw me to the ground. Todoroki came to my side.
"You must really love her."
"She...already loves someone! So leave her be!"
"Oh, does she, who is it?"
"I told you enough."
"Okay fine. Come one. Leave this shitbag of girl behind."
He grabbed Todoroki's wrist and dragged him away from me. Todoroki was trying to get out of his grasp. Todoroki just looked back.
"Don't hurt Todo! Or you'll pay!"
I didn't know if he heard me or not. I walked back to my seat. Deku was worried about me.
"What happ-"
"NOTHING ALRIGHT!"
Deku didn't speak to me after that. He leaned against me shoulder. He calmed me down. I decided to rest my head on his. Redhead was patting my shoulder. He decided to lean on my other shoulder. He calmed me down as well.
"Thanks, you guys."
I fell asleep with them on my shoulders. I soon woke up since Deku shook my shoulder.
"Hey, you gotta go down to get your medal, alright?"
"Okay, see you guys soon."
I walked down to get my medal. They instead had me stand on a platform with the number three on it. Tokoyami was also standing on it with me. We raised up and we were in the middle of the arena. Well not the middle. Bakugou was struggling on the first place platform. And Todoroki was one the second place platform. All Might can to congratulate us. He putt a medal on Tokoyami's neck and hugged him first. Then he came to me.
"Well do, young Brando! You've got third place!"
He put the medal around my neck and hugged me.
"Thank you."
He do the same with Todoroki. He had trouble with Bakugou tho.
"And concludes our ceremony! Thank you all for participating and watching!"
All Might soon disappeared. We stepped off the platform. I met back up with Deku. We hugged each other.
"Y/n, you did really good."
"Thanks. I love you."
We kissed each other and held hands as we went back to school to get our stuff and change. We walked back to his house while holding hands. We decided to tell Inko about us dating.
"We're home, mom!"
"Oh, my babies! I'm really proud of you two!"
She gave us a big hug. Inko was crying tears of joy.
"Mom, we got something to tell you."
"What is it?"
"Y/n, y-you wanna tell her?"
"Sure, why not. Inko....we are DATING~"
She gasped and hugged us again while crying more tears of joy.
"Oh, my baby boy is dating a wonderful girl."
"Yeah, she sure is."
"I love you, Deku."
"I love you, too."
We hugged each other.  We all ate Inko's special dinner and dessert. And then we went to bed.

**a/n**
Wow, that was a long chapter. Over 3150 words. That's  the most words I have ever texted non-stop. I wrote this with no stopping points. I started writing after noonish. I feel good about this chapter. Weird enough, I feel most of the emotions that I wrote. I found that kinda funny. But Buh-bye! Crystal out!