Battle of two

Layla POV

My eyes were burning with tears again but I didn't care, she was here in front of me without shame.

She still had her empty, white, shallow eyes, Bloodstain from previous encounters dried and stained on her tattered white dress, black hair so silky I once mistook it as my mom's hair and a smile that gives you the creeps.

I wanted to kill her right at that moment. She ruined my life.

I heard Daisy gasp and saw Jack tense ever so slightly. John held my hand and although I couldn't feel the warmth I know it would have felt comforting.

And thats where the battle began.

She let out a horrifying screech. The gang and I closed our ears with our hands or else we would have been deaf. She glided down, baring her teeth.

We all ran different directions. And at that moment I saw white. Banging suddenly was heard throughout the room. I pulled the curtain away to see zombies crowding around our house.

"Holy sh*t!" I mumbled. I ran up the stairs, the damn b*tch following me.

"Laylaaa!!" Jack , John and Daisy shouted out worriedly.

"Just go to the door!" I shouted to them while getting the knife . She pounced on me , choking me to death that I could barely breath.

She hissed and scratched me with her nails. I howled and pushed her off with all my strength. I growled and ran to her trying to stab her. She dissapeared in front of my eyes and I crouched down, ready to fight her back.

"We are not leaving you!" Daisy shouted grabbing a lamp while running to my side so she can defend me.

Jack and John on the other side of us , nodding in agreement with what Daisy said.

I sighed and took of my lace gloves and showed my hands. "I'm not worth saving for."

Daisy covered her mouth with her hand, trying to keep in a cry. She knelt down and dropped the lamp to touch my skin. Jack looked away because he already knew and didn't want to be reminded. John stared quietly, which was unsettling.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Daisy asked in a soft whisper, caressing my numb green skin.

"I didn't want you too worry." I said, looking away feeling guilty.

Thats when I felt a slight sting on my cheeks. I touched it with my hands and looked up to see Daisy with tears falling down her face continuosly.

"I know that we only met due to us being survivors in this wrecked place. But we are FRIENDS and friends are meant to worry for a friend. Because thats what friends do!" She said in an angry tone, wiping away the tears with her hand.

"I'm sorr-" I stopped in mid-sentence when I saw the woman holding a knife at the back of Daisy. I pushed Daisy away and felt the knife pass through my heart.

It felt so surreal. But I knew I had to do something.

I turned my head and whispered "Run."

Daisy POV

As soon as Layla whispered run. I screamed and ran. Crying all the way. Pain and regret clutching my heart in a death grip. I ran down the stairs with the boys. Tears in their eyes whie John sobbed softly.

The entrance door broke down and tons of zombies entered. We shot as many as we can but it seemed infinite. We were losing hope.

John stepped forward with teary eyes. "I will stay. You guys go."

"Are you crazy?? We are not leaving you." I said still shooting zombies from left to right. We were so close. I look back to see the exit wide open.

A zombie was approaching so I tried to reload. Checking my pockets for extra bullets. I checked all but it seems that I have no more ammo.

"Help!!" I called out. The zombie was approaching way too quickly. I held my gun so that I can use it for combat. Even without ammo.

Not a minute too soon Jack stood in front of me, shooting the zombie down.

"Thank you." I gratefully said. Releived that Im not yet dead and that we can still escape.

I heard John sigh and before I knew it we were pushed to the door,through the door was a dark dimension that hopefully will lead us to civilization.

"John, come on!" I said urgently. He gave us a small smile and said "If Layla were to die like this then I don't deserve to live a happy life. You guys should warn others about this place. Im trusting you guys with just that." Then he closed the door. He probably locked it with the cabinets and stuff there so we cant go back.

The painful groans of John were not missed by Jack and I.

We tried pushing and kicking but the door wouldn't budge. I closed my eyes and cried. Sobbing and shouting to my hearts content.

"I couldn't do anything. I left them to die." I said holding on to Jack.

Hushing me, he said " They wanted us to live and tell the others about this place. Let us not let their deaths go in vain."

"Your right." I whispered softly. Walking to the light that was close ahead.

Walking to life.

********

:'( That was so sad and probably one of my longest chapters . Next chapters the epilogue. Please vote and comment as well as share.