Chapter 18

I'v skipped it to the Queens party

----------------------------------------------

So nervous, soooo bloody nervous. What if I embarrass myself, or even worse, Tom. What if I say something really weird if I end up talking to the Queen. Oh god, what do I say to her? Sup? Hows it going? Ha ha no way, I am not saying that. Jeez Poppy just be yourself!!

Good morning. Such a magnificent day! And you have such a lovely garden, I also love what your wearing. How are you?

"Poppy?"

Tom was standing beside the car door holding it open for me, waiting for me to get out. I blinked up at him and then looked ahead, seeing heaps of people already here.

Tom held a hand out for me. "Darling? Are you ok?" I grabbed his hand and smiled as I got out of the car. "Yes. I'm fine."

Tom wore a lovely black suit with a black bow tie. My hair was out and it had been curled. With that, I wore a light pink dress that was just above my knees. I had matching high heels on and long dangly ear rings.

As soon as we walked to the garden a man handed us a glass of champaign each and then left. Almost everywhere I looked there was a security guard standing straight with their hands by their sides.

The whole place was really beautiful and all the ladies looked beautiful. Further away there was a maze thingy that had a hedge for the wall and there was a little tent set up with food and drinks and there some seats and tables.

A man walked past us and then stopped. "Tom!" Letting go of my hand, Tom spun around to see who called his name.

The man stepped closer to him with a big smile on his face. "Remember me? John Blake?" Tom reacted to the name straight away and shook his hand. "How are you John?"

As they started talking I tapped Tom on the shoulder and told him I was gonna have a look around. I started walking over a mini bridge that went over a little stream.

As I walked around a corner, seeing more people talking, someone tapped me on the shoulder making me spin around quickly just like Tom had before.

Standing right there with a massive smile on his face was David who I used to date years ago.

"Hello Poppy." I jumped a little from being so surprised. "David?" He awkwardly stood there not knowing what to do. "Hey! How are you?" I smiled and placed my glass of champaign on a table.

"Great. Yourself?" He nodded. "I'm ok. What are you doing here?"

Well...this is really weird.

"Um...I got invited." He stood really close to me just like how he used to when we were dating. "Wow...you look even more beautiful." I smiled down at the ground and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, not knowing what to say about the comment. "Uh...thanks?"

He looked around for a second and back at me. "So hows life?" I quickly looked up at him, hoping Tom doesn't find me talking to him other wise it will he even more awkward.

"I'v moved in with my new boyfriend." Straight away his shoulders dropped and he stopped smiling. "W-whats his name?" "Tom." He nodded, trying to look interested. "Tom who?" "Hiddleston." Straight away his eyes widened and his mouth dropped.

"Tom Hiddleston!! He's your boyfriend!!" Damn it, why does he have to be so loud? "But you are way too pretty for him!" My eyes widened at what he just said.

"More like he's way to handsome for me." He started to laugh. "Poppy, your sexy...like so bloody sexy and he's...I dunno. Maybe we should get back together." I herd a deeper voice. "Excuse me?"

I spun around and saw Tom standing there with his arms crossed and a confused look on his face. I herd David gulp. "Oh, hey man! Didn't see you there." Tom stepped towards David. "What did you just call her?"

I grabbed Tom's arm, hoping that they wont get into a fight. "I said shes bloody sexy, got a problem with that?"

Because of Tom's height he towered over David. "Yes I do. One, shes my girlfriend and two, no need to call her that, it's disgusting." Ok he was getting angry. "Tom, just leave it. Lets just go."

He shook me away and stepped towards David. "You can't tell me what I can and can't say to her." Tom pushed him in the chest a little so that he stumbled back. "Yes I can! Shes my g-" David punched Tom making his lip bleed and before Tom took a swing I pushed David away.

"Go away!" He stumbled back a bit and slowly walked away with his fists tight at his sides. I turned and looked at Tom. "Your unbelievable."

He gave me a shocked face as his lip kept bleeding. "He was being disgusting!" I frowned and pointed at him. "Well there was no need for you to start getting all angry! And there was no need to push him! You had that punch coming!"

He stepped back a bit and now had a worried look on his face. "Your welcome." I shook my head and started walking away from him into the mini maze. "Darling."

I walked pasted a security guard and smiled. "Hi." He nodded and watched me walk past. "Hello." I herd Tom following behind me as we went further into the maze away from everyone.

"I don't want to talk to you!"

"But he called you sexy and you don't even care." I waved my hands in the air.

"I do care about that! It's just the way you reacted to it all!" We got to the middle and there was a giant fountain. I walked around it over and over again as we kept arguing.

"I was trying to protect you! Or...whatever you want to call it." I took my shoes off as I kept walking and threw them at him. "You didn't have to be like that though!"

He tried catching them but missed as they hit his chest. "Ow!!" He turned around and walked around the fountain towards me, grabbing my arms and pulling me towards him.

"Darling please. I'm sorry ok?" I rolled my eyes. "Don't darling me!" I tried wriggling away but fell backwards into the fountain screaming.

I tried to grab Tom and he tried to grab me, stopping me from falling in but I dragged him in with me. It made a loud splash as we went under the water.

I came back up, choking on water. Great. Juuust great! My perfect and expensive dress is ruined and my makeup is running down my face.

Tom came back up, taking a big breath. I started to scream and hit his chest. "You have ruined everything!!" He moved away and I stumbled out of the fountain and walked out of the maze, dripping wet and everyone looking at me funny.

I walked out to the car and saw a man holding the door open for me. "Where is Mr. Hiddleston?" I got into the car, not giving a shit about where he is. "Having a swim." The man gave me a funny look. "I'm sorry but we can't leave without him."

I crossed my arms as I started to feel really cold. "Well go fishing for him because I want to leave!" Man...I sound so mean. I have never been like this before.

The man gave me a scared look and started to close the door. "As you wish." The door closed and I watched the man walk back into the garden party to find Tom.

So much for meeting the Queen.