II✿II

|| oh lord an update, have thy mercy ||

Dinner was definitely awkward, albeit only for the two preteens. 

No one else seemed to notice the tension and embarrassment between the two, and they rather keep it that way. (Name) was a blushing and stuttering mess, whereas Killua was as cool as ever. Lucky shit.

Fortunately, it seemed to be a silent agreement to never mention it. Which she was happy for, however, that didn't mean she hadn't caught his slight glances during the feast. 

Speaking of food, it was a good thing to get her mind off of it. When did she have a true home-cooked meal? Way too long, and she was enjoying ever second of it. Perhaps too much. Then again, she was super hungry when she arrived here.

"Oi, Gon...this is?"

Killua held up a carrot piece with his fork. Majority of the meal, he had been asking what certain things were. Apparently he didn't eat similar foods at his own house. But did he not know what a carrot was?

"That's a carrot, Killua!"

"You mean like...a regular carrot?"

"Yeah!"

"Zoldyck, don't tell me you never had a carrot before."

(Name) eased into the conversation, causing a glare her way. At least they were acting as normal.

"I'm not an idiot. I know what a carrot is."

He felt the eyes of Mito on him for his harsh word, but the stare was interrupted by Abe asking Gon to pass some corn. In mid-pass, the Hunter questioned his friend in pure curiosity.

"Why'd you say regular carrot, Killua?"

"...I only had candy carrots."

Gon and (Name) blinked, before an inquiry escaped too, thankfully, not pester the embarrassed boy. Instead, the raven-haired male looked towards his aunt in wonder, tilting his head innocently.

"Candy Carrot? Ne, Mito-san, what's that?"

They seemed to want to dodge the answer. So, luckily, Abe questioned her daughter to throw off Gon. Seems they didn't want him to start eating those types of carrots.

"I see you did something special to the carrots this time, Mito. My, what did you do different? The outsides seem smoother.."

"Oh yeah, I noticed too! Tell us, Mito-san! Please!"

"Nothing much. I shaved them! It took awhile to perfect naked carrots, but I-"

At that moment, Killua Zoldyck who was sipping some orange juice, and (Name) (Last Name) who was eating corn, spat out at the same time. And frankly, this gathered the attention of the small family rather quickly. Killua began coughing, trying to clear his throat whereas (Name) began apologizing repeatedly.

So much for trying to smooth the incident over.

"(Name)-chan! Killua! Are you okay?"

Gon's concerned tone was ignored at the look Mito gave. Mito narrowed her eyes at them both, causing them to sit up straight.

"What's going on with you two..?"

"U-um... I-i-"

"I'm allergic to carrots!"

(Name) gawked at the albino, who spoke with the straightest face he could muster. On one hand, he saved her there. On the other hand, who would fall for an excuse like that?! Gulping down, (Name) gave a nervous look towards the two adults within the room. A moment of silence passed, before Abe began speaking.