p✿p

|| i owe it to myself to update this story more. also, easter egg from the last story :^) ||

"Are you sure that's them?"

"No mistaking it, Gon."

"Leorio," began the silverette, not even close to tearing his gaze away from their safety spot on the window. "Those two bystanders confirmed it to be them, right?"

"Mm. That's definitely two members of the Phantom Troupe right down there."

The trio had rested in a place nearby that was littered with many pedestrians. They were about a story or two up from the ground, giving them a good view of the two targets that resided down below. The dark-haired beings of the small crew continuously glanced out the window, unbelieving that the two targets were there. Killua cleared his throat, ordering their attention away from the window so they wouldn't be found out so quickly.

"I've payed off the other two that dropped the hint for us."

"So, what do we do? We can't just go up there and arrest them, can we?"

"That's impossible."

Killua stared at the table, experiencing a recollection he and his siblings held with his father. Attempting to capture the Phantom Troupe was a death sentence.

"And how so?"

"The price isn't enough." 

He repeated the very words his father gave to them, already wary of the outcome of this almost unavoidable situation. They could've played this smart. Gather resources, track them down. But a certain someone complicated things, for sure.

"They aren't shy in showing themselves at all. They're expecting a challenge."

"What's that me-"

The three suddenly tensed, eyes immediately darting out the window. The two members had a definite sudden change in atmosphere, and Leorio began to grit his teeth.

"Dammit! We've been found out!"

Leorio was prepared to stand only for Killua to halt him, shaking his head. It would be problematic to bring more attention to themselves right now, especially with the targets being on edge. "Not exactly, Leorio."

"Then why'd they go and get all tense?"

"U-um... guys?"

The Freecss voiced popped up, gaining the attention of his two friends. He shifted in his seat, staring at them in concern and worry.

"Where is (Name)-chan?"

Leorio spoke up then, eyeing his two friends in disbelief.

"When I got word that they were near, she suddenly left. You don't think that...?"

It was only a moment before they nearly scrambled to look out the window. Leorio paled, and Gon's worry deepened. The Zoldyck sighed, resisting the urge to face-palm.

"Leorio, there was a reason why I said 'not exactly'..."

••••••