[2] Extra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sadness was written on the gray sky; it was crying a warm stream of tears. Huge raindrops were hitting on the windows as if they were trying to break through.

Jungkook was sitting on the window side in the farthest corner of the library. He was in his usual spot well hidden behind the high bookshelves, away from the other students' curious eyes. The book, sitting in his lap was long forgotten; instead of reading he was lost in his own thoughts.

It was because of the rain, that he was thinking about it again. The fault was in the rain, in the gray heavy clouds that were blinding the blue sky.

Every raindrop that fell on the ground was one tear in his heart. He thought that it was okay to be sad today, because of the rain. He blamed it on the falling rain again but he was just lying to himself, he was lying to his heart.

The book which was in his hands was precious to him. Every time when it was raining he would take the book and hold it in his palms and he wanted to never let go. Just like, he didn't want to let go of the dearest memories that were locked in his mind.

"It rains the same as that day", he whispered under his breath still looking outside in the grayness of the day, similar to the one in his heart.

*********

Minhee was sitting in the Principal's office on her first week being here. She was nervously biting her fingers' nails while waiting for the principal to come.

'What if that guy told them that I broke his nose? But it was an accident, and I did try to apologize to him multiple times. Not that I intended to collide my knee with his face. 

'Damn it', she thought, moving her feet rhythmically trying to suppress the tension that was building inside her chest.

"Oh Miss Minhee, you are already here...", the Principal brought her back  her from her trance as he entered the office and settled himself on the head-chair opposite of Minhee.

The Principal was one middle-aged man and his figure was screaming seriousness. His eyebrows were narrowed towards the bridge of his nose, showing that there were no jokes with him.

'I'm busted.'

Minhee was about to open her mouth to apologize again and explain the whole situation with that boy, when the Principal beat her to it.

"Don't worry Minhee, you are not here for trouble.", he said and Minhee was about to kiss his feet. Heavy stones came down from her chest as she breathed the whole air out of her lungs.

Seeing her reaction the Principal chuckled a little before continuing.

"I called you because, in your written application for the entrance in this school, you were asking for recommendation letters for college. Am I right?"

"Yes, Sir. I want to apply for some good colleges for next year, but all of them are including recommendation letters in the applications. So I was hoping that you would help me with that. Maybe I can do something?"

"That's why I called you here. I can see that you were an excellent student in your previous school. Your portfolio is filled with numerous medals and diplomas from various tournaments, like Math, English, Science and many others. But I don't see any extra curriculum, like charity works or tutoring."

"I can do it, Sir. I don't know much about charity works, but I can easily tutor someone."

Confidence was written in her voice when she was suggesting it. She was sure that she would be able to tutor someone after school, if that was what it takes for those recommendation letters to be in her hands.

"Very well then, here is the file of the student that I want you to tutor. This student is failing almost every subject and is a little difficult to work with. But if you are sure that you can do it, then I'll leave it all in your hands. If you manage to make this student pass on all the subjects by the end of this year, I'll give you a recommendation."

When Minhee heard those words coming from the Principal's mouth, she almost cursed under her breath. But she didn't give up, because she wasn't a person like that. She would always push herself to the very end, until her goal was fulfilled. She was a fighter, and always won every battle.

But would she win this one?

Half an hour later, after hopelessly searching for her assigned student, she finally found him in the most unexpected place.

Sitting on the brown wooden window side in a hidden place of the library, staring out the window, there he was. The boy she met on her first day in this school.

Destiny was playing with them, connecting their paths in the most unpredictable ways.

He seemed like he was unaware of her presence, because he didn't look at her even after she fake coughed twice. He was clenching his hands around the poor book that made his knuckles almost white. He was gazing out the window motionless, but she saw a glimpse of sadness in his eyes.

She didn't know what to do to get his attention, so she dared to lightly touch his shoulder with her palm.

Everything happened in an instant. One second he was looking out the window and the other he was standing in front of her with a murderous stare on his face.

What she didn't know was that Jungkook's reflexes were extraordinary and with only one light touch he was ready for action.

He held her wrist tightly as he spoke with the same stern voice, she had heard from him on the first day they met.

"Why are you following me?"

"I'm not. My name is Minhee.", she bowed as a greeting while trying to free her hand from under-his. His palm on her wrist was leaving a warm trail and it got her thinking 'How can someone cold like him have the warmest hands?'

Jungkook was a little surprised from her actions, but at the same time he gave her the look that screamed 'Like I care what your name is..."

Minhee tried to avoid the iciness on his face and continued "So you see, there is a situation here. I need an extra curriculum, and well hmm... You are that extra. "