[5] Jinhee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today they stayed in the library 'till pretty late. There was a science test coming in two days and Minhee wanted Jungkook to be prepared for anything. She didn't let him go until he studied all her notes. Jungkook started to think that she was aiming for A+ and not just a passing grade.

They were so caught up with the studying that they didn't notice the time, nor the weather outside. It was pouring again. The sky was crying buckets of cold water, making it impossible to go outside.

"Oh shoot, I forgot to bring an umbrella. That's what I get when I don't listen to my mother.", Minhee cursed under her breath. She was about to bring her phone out to call a taxi or plea her father to pick her up when Jungkook laid something in her hand.

"Here, take this."

He had given her his umbrella.

"But...", before she could argue with him about getting soaked in the rain, he is already halfway through the school's yard running with his signature hoodie above his head.

"Ah, that idiot..."

*******

Jungkook didn't show up the next day, and the next one and the next one... A whole week had passed, but Jungkook never came back to school. Minhee was waiting for him every single day, hoping that today maybe he'll finally make an appearance. She waited for him in the library until the very last second of their study session time. She was looking through the window all the time, with her eyes searching for him.

It was Monday all over again and Minhee arrived in school with the thought that if Jungkook was not there again, she'll find him no matter what; even if she has to look for him under stones.

Her eyes averted in the empty spot in the back of the classroom immediately after she arrived. Making a frown, she hopped on her shoe, turning hundred and eighty degrees and made her way towards the administration office.

Once she arrived, she found Mrs. Gee sitting in her usual spot, just behind the information desk. Mrs. Gee was the secretary in the school and any information about any student was in her hold.

Since her eyes were like glued on her computer screen, she didn't even notice Minhee's coming. After fake coughing twice, Minhee was getting frustrated of Mrs. Gee's ignorance, so she banged not too loudly, on her deck to finally get her attention.

"Oh dear god, you scared the hell out of me", Mrs. Gee jumped off her seat, panicky turning off her computer screen.

'What the hell was she looking at?', Minhee thought suspiciously looking at Mrs. Gee, who was now holding her left side of her chest, still startled from the bang.

It was not even that loud.

"Oh, the new girl. You need something, dear?"

Minhee wanted to smаsh her fake smile all over her face. 'I've been here for a month already. How much more time do I need to be here? Ten years, so they would stop calling me the new girl'