[12] The truth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook and Taehyung were inseparable.

They were the definition of friendship, since they grew up together and spent the best moments of their childhood with each other. There were no secrets between the two of them. They were often mistaken for twin brothers even though Taehyung was almost two years older than Jungkook.

In school, everyone knew them as a duo, and no one dared to mess around with just one of them, 'cuz where was trouble there were the both of them.

Nothing and no one ever came between the two of them.

No one, except her.

Liana was a badass. The first day when she came into school, she arrived on a big black Suzuki motorcycle. She was clothed in all black and lathered; with her dark green mysterious eyes, with her long raven wavy hair that came out of her helmet. That was enough to catch the boys' attention.

Only a few days later, Jungkook and Taehyung were already head over heels for her, finding her different from the other girls in their school. Every girl was in love with them and would've died to go out with them, but not her.

She was indifferent with the Duo and their confessions meant nothing to her. She had other plans for her future and high school boys were definitely not in those plans. She, being the daughter of the mafia's boss, was like a Reina in her clan. She was already preparing to take over her father's position after high school.

And instead of declining their confessions, she planned on using them for her own cause, but of course, none of the two knew about her intentions.

Taehyung and Jungkook's only problem was how to tell the other about it. But instead of lying to each other, they decided to sit down and talk things through.

Snitching away some beer cans, they headed to their favorite spot in the park.

"So you like her, huh?", Jungkook was the first to break the awkward silence that was lingering between them.

"Yeah, you too?", Taehyung tried to answer nonchalantly, but deep inside his system was turning upside down and he hoped to not see his breakfast again after a few beer cans.

Jungkook just nodded gulping the remaining amount of liquid that was in the can. It was burning his throat, but the words that came out of his best friend hurt him more.

"So how do we do this?"

"We can't do anything about it. It's up to her. She'll be the one to decide."

*******

Jungkook and Taehyung thought that things would be easy and that once Liana decides between the two, the other will let the feelings die eventually and everything between them would be the same way it used to be. But boy, they were so wrong...