[8] Fighting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raindrops were tailing down his face, soaking him more than he already was. This wasn't like the usual warm rain in the spring; it was cold, shivering just like the night itself. The night was dark and frosty, cold like the death but none of this stopped Jungkook from running. He couldn't feel the coldness, he couldn't feel the iciness of the night; because the only thing he felt was fear.

He kept on running and running and maybe it's been more than two miles already, but his legs weren't stopping. It was like they were running on its own, as if they knew their destination.

The raindrops were blocking his view, hitting his face like frozen nails and numbing it ever more. He couldn't feel his hands; they were stoned like statues for more than half an hour already. But that didn't matter to him; he only wanted to reach the place he had in mind.

"Please, please, just a few more minutes and I'll be there. Please wait for me", he begged as if he was begging for his dear life. Tears began to run down his face, mixed with the cold rain. He was choking on his own breath, but he didn't stop.

That was when he saw it, the person he wanted to see more than anyone in his life. He couldn't figure out when he started screaming until his voice broke the silence of the night. He screamed until there wasn't air left in his lungs; he screamed but nothing could be done. It was too late.

It was over.

*******

Jungkook jumped out of his bed soaked in his own sweat. He cursed in his mind when he saw the clock. It showed 4 am, but it was not because of the time, it was because he knew that he wouldn't be able to close his eyes again.

Thin sun rays begun to peek through his curtains waking the day. But they didn't wake him up. He woke up for an entirely different reason.

He had the same nightmare again. The nightmare that he knew it was going to hunt him forever. It was because it wasn't a nightmare; it wasn't a frightening or unpleasant dream. It was his cruel reality; it was his past, his present and his future. It was his life.

Knowing that he couldn't do anything to fall asleep again, he stood lazily and made his way towards the bathroom. He just hoped to have a painless shower, pleading that his wounds decorating his body were at least a little better than yesterday night.

*******

"Minhee! Minhee, hey it's me.", Jimin jumped from behind Minhee starling her in the process. He had recognized her figure from afar and he kept on calling for her, but she just walked past him like she was lost in her own world.

"Oh hi, Jimin! Sorry, I didn't hear you. I was thinking about something", she bowed as a greeting when she saw who stopped her. She was walking around the park for more than an hour already, lost in her own thoughts.

She liked to walk around like that, even though she was alone. It gave her time to think things through. She always did it when she had to set her mind on something or when she had to make a decision.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind. Are you okay? Is something bothering you?", Jimin asked her when he saw the worried look on her face.

"I'm okay. It's the usual stuff, you know - school, college, homework, just the normal student's stuff."

Sensing that she unsuccessfully tried to lie to him, he asked her again. "Is it Jungkook? He didn't come to school today, right?"

She signed as if thousand stones that were heaving her heart came down. "No, he didn't come. I'm getting tired of seeing his empty seat all the time. I'm getting tired of hoping that he would show up; I'm only worrying if he is okay all the time."

"I know, but don't worry. He'll be fine, I saw him last night", he tried to calm her, when he too, was worried about Jungkook.

The reason why he saw Jungkook last night was because he came in the studio beaten to the bone. His face was pale and lifeless and dried blood was all over him. And Jimin knew that he's been fighting again.

But instead of arguing with him about it, he and J-Hope just treated his wounds without a word. They were concerned about Jungkook, but they couldn't do anything about it.

Last time when they argued with him about his fighting, they didn't see him for two mounts. So they decided that it's better to not interfere and help him when they could.

"He had a fight last night, but he'll be okay", he just said with a sigh, gesticulating Minhee to sit on the bench that was nearest to them.

"I guessed that. That's the main reason why he isn't coming. Maybe it is better that way; I hate to see him with those purple bruises all over his face and to not be able to do anything about it.", she admitted it shamelessly looking at the ground.

She didn't know when or how, but Jungkook was slowly taking place in her heart. She was worried about him more than when someone worries about a friend.

And she wasn't afraid to admit that something was happening to her with him. But with Jungkook always being gone and with her worrying about him, she was sure that she would lose her mind if that continues.

But she wasn't going to search for him again; today she decided that she would just wait for him to show up for himself.

"But isn't there another way he can gain money for his sister?"

"There is, but he wants that way. He has a reason why he is fighting. He is not only fighting for money...", Jimin stopped in a mid-sentence. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to continue, because it wasn't his secret to tell. But at the same time, he wanted to help Jungkook and somehow he felt that maybe this girl will be the one that could help him.

"He is fighting for revenge."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so this is starting to become bizarre; today was a beautiful sunny day and when I began to write the chapter, all of a sudden it started raining. I'm telling you this story is connected to the rain somehow...

Back from my stupid theories, in this chapter I revealed many things, you just need to find them. I hope you like it.

Happy reading!

THIA