[17] Not worth it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been almost two months since Jinhee was gone.

Slowly the people around them continued to live their own lives, dealing with their own problems. Everyone, but Jungkook had moved on.

Since the day they buried her, Minhee would only see him at school. He would come on all the classes and their tutoring session, but she never saw him outside of school. He wasn't talking to her, nor to anybody else in the school. He was like a walking robot making Minhee worry about him all the time.

She tried to reach him many times. She searched for him at his house, but he would lock himself in his room or leave before she could say anything. She searched for him in the '3J' studio only to be told by Jimin and J-Hope that he wasn't coming to them either, so she eventually stopped. He was obviously avoiding her and she decided to wait for him to come to her on his own.

If he comes...

Opposite of his behavior, were his grades. He was approving a lot lately and Minhee couldn't have been prouder of him. She was happy that he was trying harder than ever before, which was unlike him. She was confused about his behavior but at the same time, she was contented.

"Minhee maybe it's time for you to let him go. If it hurts you like this, maybe it's not worth it."

Soojung commented from behind Minhee, when she saw that her friend ended up staring at Jungkook's back with a hurtful gaze. Jungkook had passed by them stopping a little, giving a nod at Minhee and left without a single word.

Soojung saw how tears peeked from Minhee's eyes threatening to fall down her rosy cheeks. How her friend look after him until he turned to the other hallway out of their sight, hoping that he would turn back and look at her. Soojung wanted to go after him and beat the boy until she knocks some sense in him to see that there is someone waiting for him, always watching him, always hoping.

Minhee heard her friend's comment, but she decided not to say anything back. Her mind was busy thinking about the person that just passed by her. She didn't know what to do with him, how to reach him, how to approach without hurting both of them.

'Jungkook, what have you been up to?'

She thought and as if someone heard the questions that were running in her head, her phone buzzed in her pocket. The message was from Jimin and the words that were written in it slowly froze her blood drop by drop.

"He has been going in the ring again."

*******

She promised herself that she wouldn't look for him, but broke that promise once again. But with Jungkook, she couldn't just stay on the side. He was too important to her to ignore what was happening to him.

She knew that he was hurting, that he had lost someone very important to him. But what she couldn't understand was why he was pushing everyone away from him. Why did he close himself again? Why, when she finally opened the gates around him, he chained them again leaving her on the other side...

'We need to talk! I'll wait for you in the park, until you come.'

She had sent a message to him, hoping that he wouldn't leave her to wait for him all night long. She hoped that she wasn't too late, that he wasn't too gone.

Minhee settled herself on a very familiar bench in the park. That was the bench where she and Jungkook met on their dates, where she would drink coffee with Jimin or hang out with Soojung. It was her bench. The memories that this bench held were one of the most important for her.

She stomped rhythmically with her feet on the ground, letting tension to consume her body. Her heart was beating with inhuman speed that she was able to hear the drumming in her ears.

Her eyes met with the ones of the familiar approaching figure and she felt herself having trouble controlling her breathing. She was rapidly inhaling and exhaling causing her mouth to dry in a few seconds.

"Hey" 

Jungkook said it in a quiet tone once he arrived in front of her. He looked like he wasn't planning on sitting down, so Minhee stood up to be on his level and locked her eyes in his.

"Are you fighting again?"

She let the words to be spilled out of her mouth without even forcing herself to stop them. She wasn't there to say 'hey' to him, she wasn't there to spend her time on a useless conversation. She was there to understand him.

"Minhee, please..."

Jungkook neared her, closing the space between them. He lifted his hand placing it on her right cheek. Minhee was about to melt in his warmth and until then she didn't know how much she missed him. How much her body and soul were longing for him, for his embrace, for his kisses.

"Why? Why do you fight now? For who?" She whispered placing her hands around him and once again couldn't hold her tears in her eyes.

She knew that she crossed the line with her last words. When her words even hurt her, she could imagine what they did to him. She could see the pain written in his eyes. She felt him freezing in her embrace, turning into cold stone and suddenly his warmth was gone. He had removed his hand from her cheek letting it fall lifelessly beside him.

Yes, her words did hurt him. They reminded him once again that Jinhee was gone and that he couldn't do anything about it.

But he wasn't pushing her away because of that. Everything and everyone around him ended up getting hurt and he couldn't bear with the thought of something happening to her. He was pushing her away to save her, not being aware that he was hurting her even more that way. Minhee was his light, the only good thing left in his life. And he was afraid that if he held onto her, she would end up like the others.

"You know that I will never give up on you, but sometimes you make it so hard for me."

Minhee quietly sobbed pulling him closer to her. She buried her face in his chest inhaling his scent trying to find even a little serenity there.

"Maybe you should give up; maybe I'm not worth it."

Jungkook whispered while wrapping his arms around her, seeing that the girl who meant so much to him was hurting. Her sobs were breaking his heart over and over again, but he still wasn't aware that he was the one that was hurting her.

"You are!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that I hadn't updated for so long. I hope you like it.

Thank you for reading!

THIA