Prologue

A/N: Best way to start the New Years is with a new story.

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

At a mansion in an open field located in the Northern part of Wall Sina, a noble woman and man discussed about the future of the heir of the Wurzel family. This man and woman were the current heads of the family, Lord and Lady Wurzel. The Wurzel family is well-known and loyal to the crown and they are currently debating on a certain course of action to take.

Lady Wurzel: "He has promise, he's has a brilliant mind, a gifted inventor, and quick-learner all at the age of nine, but he's useless if he cannot walk with his crippled leg of his and by the way he acts. The other nobles will surely belittle our family if he becomes the head of the family." she stated to her husband with an annoyed look.

Lord Wurzel: "We all know this, even (Y/n) knows that he is a burden to us. He even offered to give up his claim as head of the house, so that Sonia could take it. That boy never ceases to amazing me, he would rather make some strange device and play knight than learn the Wurzel way of life." he responded to his wife.

They both sighed in annoyance just talking about their eldest child behavior. Most noble children around his age would play around, study, or start to learn how their family works. However, he seemed more interested in creating devices and learning about how certain things works. That or he would follow Sir Li, who's family serves them as knights for decades. He was always fascinated by tales of knights and how the serve to protect the people.

At just the age of five, (Y/n) had dismantled a family heirloom. A pocket watch given to their grandfather by the king himself, but after years it stopped working. His curiosity drove him to take it apart to see how it works before reassembling it, he manage to get the old pocket watch working again in a mere hour, where professionals failed at every attempt. This only made their child even more determine to do things their way.

Lady Wurzel: "Speaking of (Y/n), where has he run off to this time? The library? His "workshop" or the garden" she asked her husband.

Lord Wurzel: "I believe that Sir Li has taken him to the forest to train him to defend himself. Honestly, he only wasting his time on that boy." he told his wife, which she nodded in agreeance.

Lady Wurzel: "Yes. However, Sir Li always had a soft spot for that boy. He said that he enjoys his company and that he sees him as a grandchild never had." she said to her husband.

Lord Wurzel: "This wouldn't be the case if his son would just wed already, honest he's as stubborn as our son. Anyway, I spoke with Lord Reiss about that boy and he told me that he wished to speak to him." he told his wife surprising her.

Rod Reiss was the head of the Reiss family and his family are close to the crown. So to think that he had taken interest in their son was a bit strange. But Lord and Lady Wurzel knew better than to decline someone like Lord Reiss.

Sir Li P.O.V

I thrusted a wooden sword forward towards the young lord. He let out a girlish scream as he barely dodged it. He stumbled to his right, but he caught himself when he placed his wooden sword down like he would his cane. He took this moment to catch his breath, but I wouldn't allow it and slash at him.

He saw this and parried my attack and tried to take a step forward with his right leg, forgetting that his right leg was his bad leg. He lost balanced and fell face first onto the grass. I placed my wooden sword in front of him, he looked up to see it in front of him and groaned, realising he lost.