Chapter 13: Returning To The Cage

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

(Y/n) P.O.V

After meeting up with Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Jean, we made our way to regroup with everyone else who were replacing the members we lost in the Special Operations Squad. Replace... I never liked that word when it was used towards another person but it didn't matter what I thought about it. 

As we met up with Levi, I was about to call him "Papa" but he immediately gave me a glare which I quickly covered my mouth. He told me that I was forbidden from referring to him as Papa when we were in public. The only time I was allowed to call him that was when we were in private with Violet as an exception.

He told us that we were going to be hiding out in a cabin hidden in a forest near Trost for a while. It didn't take us long to get there and quickly made ourselves a home when we arrived late in the night. Everyone wore something more comfortable as we all sat around for dinner. Things seemed fine as there were simple conversations but most of the time it was everyone's reaction to the fact that I was a boy and the fact that they didn't realize it for the longest time. But as they talked, I noticed Historia staring blankly down at her food.

Historia: "I was born on a small farm in the northern region of Wall Sina. It was on land owned by the noble family of Reiss." she suddenly revealed.

All other conversations stopped as everyone's eyes looked towards her.

Historia: "As far back as I can remember, I was helping around the farm. But my mother was always reading books and not once did I see her doing housework. She was a beautiful woman. At night, someone would come for her in a wagon and she'd go off to the city wearing fancy clothes. For me, that was just life as I knew it. After I learned to read and write, I picked up a book to imitate my mother. Only then did I know how alone I was. In all the books, parents cared about their children. They talked, hugged, fought... or so the stories went. I had never experienced any of those things. My grandparents would speak to me when they taught me how to work, but I had never spoken to my mother." she began telling everyone.

She became quiet for a moment and everyone waited for her to continue. That was when I felt something soft grab my hand from underneath the table. It didn't take me long to figure out who it was and I didn't hesitate to grab her hand to give her support.

Historia: "I also noticed that other children could walk around freely and that they'd played with other kids their age... but to me, other children were dangerous. They'd usually threw rocks at me when they saw me. Needless to say, I never left the farm. But one day, out of curiosity, I decided to try hugging my mother. I just wanted to see what kind of face she would make. I jumped towards her and landed on her lap as she sat underneath a tree reading a book. She ended up shoving me away, but that was the first thing my mother ever did to me. That's why it made me so happy. That was when she spoke her first ever words to me, "If only I had the courage to kill the girl." she said to me before walking away. Those were... the first words my mother said to me. After that, she left the house and began living somewhere else." she revealed to us.

Historia: "Eventually, I realized that my grandfather, my grandmother, the people who worked on the farm, the people who lived on the land... everyone... they would all be happier if I wasn't alive. I would always wonder to myself. What had I done? Why were things this way? There was no one I could ask. The farm was my whole world. The animals on the farm were my only friends. Most of my days were spent doing farm work, but the work helped me forgot about my loneliness... but one day." she said glancing over to me before looking back down.