Chapter 11: A Broken Reflection

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

(Y/n) P.O.V

(Dream)

I found myself sitting on the ground with my back against the barrel of hay in a familiar lush field. Looking around, I noticed that both my legs were back catching me a bit off-guard until I saw Historia sitting next to me with her head leaning against my shoulder. Just looking at her in this place brought a warm and relaxing feeling to my heart and as I was about to reach over to rub her head, she looked over to me.

Historia: "Why didn't you come back?" she suddenly asked.

Me: "H-Huh?" I asked a bit caught off-guard.

Historia: "You always came back, you always promised to come back but you never did... you lied to me." she said standing up.

Me: "Wait... I tried to come back! I tried so hard trying but I was too weak. But I'm here now." I said standing up.

She looked at me and smiled before shaking her head.

Historia: "My (Y/n) never came back. He died when the wall Maria fell. You're not the (Y/n) I knew all those years ago. You're nothing but a fake!" she yelled before running away.

Me: "Historia! Please wait!" I cried out to her.

Not wanting to lose her, I ran after her. As I ran and began gaining on her, I reached my hand out to her and right as I was about to grab her hand, a flash of light blinded me. I quickly grabbed Historia's hand while covering my eyes with my free arm for a few moments before the light faded away. Once I lowered my arm, I was greeted with a familiar door that replaced Historia. Looking down to my hand, I saw that I was holding onto a doorknob instead of a hand. 

I was confused with what just happen and slowly turned the knob to open the door. As the door opened, I saw the two dead and bloody bodies of the kidnappers I killed when Mikasa was kidnapped. In the middle of the room stood Mikasa holding a bloody knife with the third dead kidnapper. It seemed as if she heard the door open because she turned her head towards me.

Mikasa: "You didn't want anyone to stain their hands with blood but look at what happened. You murdered someone and... I had to kill someone too because you were too weak. Completely useless." she stated.

Me: "I didn't want any of that to happen! I wanted to save you! I wanted to protect you but-" I tried saying only to be interrupted by Mikasa chuckling.

Mikasa: "Save? Protect? You can't save anyone. Did you save Isabel or Furlan? What about Marco or any of the other recruits? You couldn't even protect the people you love." she stated.

Another flash of light blinded me before fading away once again. This time, I found myself in the Forest of Giant Trees. I fell to the ground face first as I lost of sensation to my legs. As I looked back to them, they were gone, all there was left was a bloody mess. I looked away not wanting to see the gruesome sight and faced forward. When I looked forward, I found myself speechless as I felt tears beginning to build up to what I saw in front of me. Gunther, Olou, Eld and in front of the three of them was Petra smiling at me. I didn't even bother holding back the tears as I began pulling myself across the ground over to them.

Me: "I-I miss you all of y-you. Please... let's go back home t-together!" I cried out pulling myself closer to them.

They looked over to me sadly before looking at one another. Gunther, Olou, and Eld looked over to Petra as she nodded her head. She crouched down ten feet in front of me as I continued to pull myself towards her.