Chapter 7: The Bonds We Share

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

After leaving Trost, Levi and his squad began making their way towards the former Survey Corps HQ in Wall Rose but they had to stop at one location before going there. It was a heavily defended fort in the middle of an opened field filled with small craters. This location was where (Y/n) moved all his research papers, blueprints, prototypes, and resources for his inventions after training camp. Violet, (Y/n), and Yukina needed three separate wooden carriages to carry all of the minimal supplies for (Y/n) to even begin working. After getting all the supplies he needs and covering them in a large tarp, he had everything he needed for Project Eye, they all traveled for a day and were in the forest near the former HQ. Oluo decided that he was the person who should explain things to Eren.

Oluo: "The former Survey Corps headquarters. It's nothing more than a renovated old castle. While it definitely looks impressive, it's so far from the Walls and all rivers that it's completely useless to the Survey Corps. The story goes back to the ambitious early days when the Corps was formed. Who've would've thought we'd end up using it again to serve as your hideout?" he stated to Eren.

Eren, however, was not paying much attention to Oluo as he was looking back to Levi riding on horseback next to the wooden carriage that (Y/n) was riding. The two were talking loud enough for him to hear clearly.

Levi: "Oi brat, why the hell are you bring along that filthy girl with you." he asked (Y/n) with an annoyed look.

(Y/n): "Eh?! That's not nice to say Levi-bro." he said looking at Levi with a look of disapproval.

Levi: "I don't care. She smells like rotten eggs and is covered in coal dust." he pointed out.

(Y/n): "Well... I do agree that she needs a bath... badly. But I refuse to leave her behind. Yukina is my apprentice and... I really need someone that can help me." he stated playing with his fingers.

Levi: "What about Hange or one of them, I'm sure they could help you." he said pointing to  Special Operations Squad.

(Y/n): "No offense, but they aren't suited for the delicate work of my art. I need someone who knows what they are doing. Hange could help but you know how she is Bro, she only cares about Titans and with Eren here, her attention would only be focused on him." he pointed out.

Petra: "Huh? How could you say that we don't know what we're doing, (F/n)? I thought you loved us." she said pretending to be hurt.

(Y/n): "Huh?" he asked snapping his head towards her.

Eld: "It's ok, Petra. It looks that (F/n) found a replacement for us. We're useless to hi-her." he said playing along with Petra.

The moment (Y/n) heard the word "useless" he remembered what Mikasa said to him and felt a sharp jab to his chest thinking that he was actually hurting their feelings. He felt tears building up underneath his eyes as he sniffled catching everyone's attention. 

(Y/n): "N-No... I'm the useless one... sorry for hurting your feelings. I'll make it up to you by making dinn-" he tried to say.

Gunther: "No!" he suddenly yelled with fear.

(Y/n): "Wh-What?" he asked taken aback from the yell.

Petra: "H-H-He means that there no need for you to make dinner. Isn't that right, guys?" she asked them nervously