Chapter 5: Battle for Trost

(Y/n) = Your name 

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

(Y/n): "Fire!" he yelled to the Garrison soldiers.

With that, the battle has begun. The Howitzers on top the front gate to Trost opened fired before the cannons a level below them opened fire, and so on. This will repeat over and over again. A volley fire of explosive shells sang as they soar through the air before hitting the advancing Titans. The sound of the cannons fire echoed though the air and catching the attention of some civilians as they were escaping. Never had they heard cannons such as these.

After a minute of firing, they were beginning to run low on ammunition and (Y/n) ordered a rationing of the shells. Each shot a cannon made must hit their mark and as the firing of the cannons decreased, the closer the Titans got. When (Y/n) noticed this, he grabbed his handles of  his maneuver gear and attached the blades before running and jumping off the platform. He spun around and fired a hook up towards the edge of the wall to pull himself up. He flew up and landed on the edge where the Garrison were ready to attack.

(Y/n) turned around and walked over to the edge of the wall to see the Titans were twenty meters from the wall. He lifted his sword in the air before pointing it forward.

(Y/n): "Charge!" he yelled as he ran off the edge with around fifty Garrison soldiers following behind him.

They all began descending down the wall as the soldiers manning the cannon placements fell back to the defensive line at the gate entrance. All of them picked a target and got to work on killing the Titans. There were many brave souls attacking recklessly and found themselves being grabbed and eaten. (Y/n) attempted to save as many as he could, but there were just so many Titans. First, there were only five, then thirteen, until it became too much for them to handle.

As a Titan reached up to grab (Y/n), he dodged hand and slide down it until he was close to the neck. He fired his anchors onto the Titan's neck to pull himself closer before slicing the back of the neck off before flying low to the ground to make the Titans that see him crash into each other. When he got close enough to the wall, he quickly retracted his anchors and fired again to successfully pull him to safety.

As he pull himself high enough on the wall, he landed on the side and looked down. It was a slaughter. From the fifty they originally had, they were now at fourteen. He could hear some of the unknown Garrison soldiers scream out for help before the sounds of bloodcurdling screams followed behind it, then silence.

(Y/n) ordered the remaining Garrison soldiers to fall back to the final defensive line. They flew over the wall and landed on the other side and position themselves over the entrance of the gate to attack any Titan the walked though. He watched as the three cannons below fired upon the Titans that were coming through the hole. That was when misfortune struck. At the second line of cannons that were position passed the deep trenches and between the wooden towers, a group of soldiers began firing their cannon early when the three cannons at the entrance of the gate still had a crate full of explosive shells. They didn't aim the howitzer properly and fired it, resulting in the shell hitting the crate and creating a large explosion and a shock wave.

This cause some of the wooden towers to be pushed backward and collapsing completely. The same went for the Garrison soldiers and (Y/n) over the explosion. Not only were they pushed back, but they also couldn't see because the cloud of smoke and dust blinded them from seeing any Titans that passed through the entrance.