CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT - Reunited

"Henry," said Timber two nights later.

"What is it?" he mumbled.

"I can't sleep," said Timber. "Do mind if I just go for a walk around the castle?"

"I don't mind," Henry yawned.

Timber smiled as he fell asleep again. She got out of bed and checked on Renegade. He was sleeping peacefully in his den using Daisy as a pillow. She walked out into the corridor and Turned. Timber had not been able to enjoy the beauty of the castle since she had arrived. She was always going somewhere and she usually always had Renegade. This time she walked slowly without caring where she was going. She wandered around and found stairs leading to the upper floors. She had never been higher than the third level where her suite was so she climbed. She wanted to see how high these stairs would go.

They lead her to an open room lined with beautiful silver weapons, armor, paintings of places all over the world. Timber walked around the room slowly, taking the time to examine everything closely. Timber had never seen such beautiful swords and daggers before. The blades were so smooth, Timber could see herself in them. At the end of the room, Timber saw a door that was slightly cracked open. Curiosity overwhelmed her and she approached.

"...I just wanted to say... no. That doesn't work. What if I said..? No. No. No."

Timber heard Queen Aiyanna pacing back and forth. Then the door opened. Timber and Aiyanna froze as they looked at each other. Aiyanna looked furious for a moment and Timber backed away, fearful of Aiyanna losing her temper.

"Wait." Timber stopped and Turned.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear much. Just the last two sentences," said Timber.

"What are you doing up here?" asked Aiyanna.

"I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk," said Timber. "I found the stairs and I wanted to see how high they went. I didn't realize they would lead me here." Timber looked around. "Where is here?"

"My training room," said Aiyanna. "Lord Frost made this just for me so I could use my powers to their full extent without destroying the castle. These are my weapons."

"And the paintings?"

"My favorite places from all over the world," said Aiyanna. "There are not many places Lord Frost and I have not been."

"Have you been to Antarctica?" asked Timber.

"As a matter of fact, no," said Aiyanna with a light chuckle. "Maybe we should."

Timber's ears were met with a heavy beating sound and she stared at Aiyanna.

"I should have seen it before," she said softly. "The way you looked at him during your dance on Christmas Eve. You're in love with Lord Frost!"

Aiyanna's face turned pinker than her hair.

"How did you know? I've been so careful!"

"I just realized," said Timber. "When you talked about the two of you going, your heart started racing so hard I could hear it. I should have seen it sooner. You're always with him. When he was gone for several days last month I saw the constant worry in your eyes. I assumed it was because of what's been happening. It was more than that, wasn't it?"

Aiyanna sighed.

"Well, I figured someone would find out sooner or later," she said. "Yes, I love him. The man drives me crazy but I love him anyway."

"How in the world does he drive you crazy?" asked Timber.

"He works himself to the point of exhaustion every day," said Aiyanna. "He never has a day for just him. He makes sure even Lord Avanti takes a day off to relax every now and again but he doesn't. He does everything for everyone. He never takes care of himself. Most nights he barely sleeps. Every now and then it catches up to him and he sleeps all night. If he misses breakfast, it's because he's still asleep. He won't listen to me and take a day to just relax. I understand that now is not a good time because of the war but even when it's quiet, he puts the needs of everyone else before his own."