3. Quiet

"Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet."

Cap insisted on Peter riding on the back of his motorcycle for the ride back to the tower. Honestly, Peter was glad. He wasn't exactly sure leaping tall buildings with a back slashed bloody and a bruised set of ribs was a good idea. Tony and Dr. Strange hovered above him and Cap, Tony inspecting Dr. Strange's platform with interest. When he wasn't nagging Peter, of course.

They got back to the compound, and Peter hopped off the bike, only for the world to sway dramatically. He tried not to show it, yanking off his mask and leaning against the bike for a second.

"Let's get you inside." Cap suggested, walking ahead. Tony fell in step beside Peter, and the teen was grateful for Tony's arm around him.

When they got inside, all Peter wanted to do was go to his room and wait for his back to heal by sleeping - but no, of course not.

"What took you so long?" Nat demanded as soon as they walked in. "We were worried Cap was seen by the cops or something." Clint added from the couch, where most of the other Avengers were gathered. "Try; or something." Tony spat, and Peter masked a flinch at his tone right by his ear. Not another episode, he begged himself when the sounds around him steadily grew louder, he didn't think the Avengers could take it.

Most of the time it took days after the signs for an episode to develop, so maybe he could ward it off in time.

"So what happened?" Wanda asked anxiously, and Tony steered Peter down the hallway. Nat was the only one close enough to see his back, and she gasped. "I'm taking Peter to the infirmary." Tony explained as Nat's hand flew to her mouth.

The Avengers leapt off the couch. "What happened?" Scott asked, standing beside Falcon who looked about ready to punch the lights out of whoever did something to Peter. "It's no big deal..." Peter tried, only to be cut off by Dr. Strange himself. "Oh no, you getting blasted through a skyscraper window is no big deal." He drawled, and Peter sighed. Strange's eyes softened as he looked at Tony for permission. "I am actually a doctor, hence the name. I can help."

"Of course you can." Tony scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Wait, this conversation is not over!" Rhodey insisted, stepping into the hallway. "Who the hell blasted Peter through a window?"

"The Enforcers." Peter answered for them. "They're the ones that kidnapped me and, oh right, we just put them in jail." He said, wincing when the pain from his back started getting to him. It was trying to heal, but there were shards of glass that needed to come out first.

"How did they get out of jail?" Wanda asked, remembering her own time in a cell. Vision noticed with a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We don't know." Cap admitted.

Peter was struggling to stay upright by now, having lost too much blood and probably bleeding internally from Shocker's blast and being blown through a window. He'd probably be fine if someone, anyone would just let him sleep.

"Maybe we should check the prison." Clint suggested, fiddling with the tip of an arrow. "We don't know who else escaped."

Peter felt his knees buckle beneath him, and Tony became the only thing supporting him. The billionare noticed. "Peter?" He asked worriedly, seeing Peter pale and panting. "I need... to lay... lay down..." Peter attempted to explain, but his vision blurred and he pitched forward.