14. Wander

"Not all who wander are lost."

*if you haven't seen Black Panther yet have no fear, there won't be any spoilers other than you will be introduced to the characters and Wakanda.*

Peter twisted through the air, before he hit the first tree in the jungle below him. He bounced off the branch, trying to grab it but missing painfully. The second tree he was about to hit... disappeared. Suddenly he wasn't in a jungle anymore, but a large city with tall buildings and flying cars that had been disguised as trees.

He landed on a roof, knocking the wind out of him. "Oooooww..." He groaned, rolling onto his back and sitting up. "What the... where the hell am I?" There were people everywhere below him and a giant palace in the center of the city that looked extremely futuristic. Peter would've loved this place, if he had any idea where it was.

Suddenly, one of the flying cars raised over the edge of the roof he sat on. They must've sensed him fall through whatever forcefield they had.

"Intruder, put up your hands." Someone said through the speaker in a really cool accent. Peter did as he was told, even if it did make his arms and back ache. "Hi, I don't really know what's going on here but I don't want to cause any trouble I just kind of fell and- AAAH!" Peter was cut off by a dart shooting out of the ship and hitting him, tasering him. He dropped like a sack of potatoes, vision fading to black.

"Okoye! Why did you do that?!" Nakia yelled, and the general shrugged. "He was an intruder." She explained vaguely. "And I really wanted to test out this new tech Shuri put in." Nakia rolled her eyes, running to the opening and jumping onto the roof. Okoye landed and followed, kneeling on the other side of the strange person in a bright red suit. "Who would dress like this?" Okoye spat, reaching for his mask. Nakia stopped her with a hand on her wrist.

"Perhaps he wears it for a reason? We would not want someone taking off T'Challa's mask if he was ever down." She explained. Okoye paused and surveyed the strang person. "True, but he is hurt. If our King was ever hurt I would want someone to help him."

"You're the one who tasered him!" Nakia yelled, and Okoye grinned. "Yes, that was me." Without another thought she pulled off the mask. Both Nakia and Okoye froze, guts dropping. They then shared a look.

"It's a child from the mainland. A child." Okoye hissed, quickly collecting him in her arms. "And you tasered him!" Nakia growled, following into the ship. They headed to Shuri's lab to see if she could help them. He seemed about her age.

oOo

Tony flew through Queens, the rest of the Avengers on the comms freaking out. "I found a giant web on sixth, looks like he was trying to set up a trap." Sam announced, Natasha below him on her bike skidding to a stop. "But it's empty, meaning it didn't work." She mumbled, and Tony felt his blood run cold. They were at a dead end. How were they supposed to find Peter with no leads, or any idea what happened...

"Iron Man! Iron Man!" Came a small voice from a 4th story window. Tony stopped and looked at the little girl waving at him. He couldn't stop himself from flying over. She looked to be around 6, and had straight black hair and was wearing a pink kimono.

"What can I do for you, young maam?" He asked her. Worry was gnawing through him, but he still loved kids. (Remembering that fact only made him miss his- Peter - I only made him miss Peter more.)

"Iron Man, I wanted to tell you about the flying car!" The little girl giggled with glee. She made a spinning motion with her hands and blew raspberries to mimic the noise. "I know you wouldn't be surprised since you see flying cars all the time, but this one took Spidey! It ate him!" She shivered, clearly concerned. "You need to find it before long-legged man hurts Spidey!"

Tony's heartbeat kicked up threefold as he finally understood what this little girl was saying. "A flying car took Spiderman?" He repeated, making his own raspberry sound mimic. The little girl nodded fervently.

"Thank you very much, little lady!" He told her, bowing as much as his suit would allow while hovering before darting away. "Guys, I have a lead. Peter was taken in a helicopter."

"What?!" Cap and Wanda shrieked in unison. "Doc Oc must've laid a trap while Peter was laying a trap for him." Clint suggested. "What do we do now?" Scott asked, and Tony sighed.

"Head back to the compound, we'll have to see if we can find the helicopter and track it."

oOo

T'Challa walked with Shuri through the halls of her lab, surveying new tech that Wakanda could offer to the world. It would be useful, in a non-violent way. They turned the corner, nearly running into Nakia.

"Nakia!" T'Challa greeted her with a grin, resisting the urge to fix his hair. "My King, Shuri, you need to come this way." She directed, turning and just barely jogging the direction she came with the siblings following.

"Okoye and I were alerted to a breach in the forcefield, since it hasn't been fully shut down yet. When we got to the sight, there was a sole intruder in a bright red suit. Okoye tasered him." T'Challa sighed, trying to rack his brain of how and why a single person in a strange suit got here. It couldn't have been Iron Man, even Okoye knew who Tony Stark was. Shuri thought the tasering bit was hilarious.

"When we got to him, we discovered two things. The taser wasn't his only injury, and..." Nakia paused as they reached the infirmary and found Okoye laying a young boy on a bed. "He's a child from the mainland." Nakia finished, and both Shuri and T'Challa stopped in the doorway.

However, it didn't take Shuri long after that to lurch forwards. "He's looks like he's my age! Why is he wearing.... oh. Oh my gosh!!!" She shrieked, bouncing on her toes. "I recognize him also." T'Challa announced, finally stepping into the room.

Shuri pulled up a screen on one wall, opening YouTube and bringing up videos of Spider-man. "He was at the airport battle, fighting alongside me. I never realized he was so young." T'Challa explained, while Shuri was still freaking out.

"This is Spiderman! He is ALL OVER YouTube! He's so cool!" She circled him excitedly, before getting a Look from Okoye.

"Oh right, yeah, I can fix him."

GUUUUUYS I am so so so so so so so sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I haven't updated I promised I would and then I DIDN'T and I feel so bad but I hope the update makes up for it...?

Anyways, thanks for reading everyone!

~Meow