13. Started

"When you feel like quitting think about the reason you started."

"This is such a bad idea. There is no multiverse outcome in which this is a good idea." Ned rambled as Peter zipped up his old costume. It wasn't as great as his new, bulletproof, safer version but Steve took that one away.

"Hey, last time I did this I actually saved the world! Sort of. I think." Peter argued, trying to reboot Karen, who he'd managed to steal back from Tony's lab. Peter had his old suit sent home to Aunt May a few days after his new one was taken away, and the Avengers hadn't caught on yet. Aunt May not being home and all, Ned had become an accessory to his plan.

"Whatever, but you also almost died trapped under a giant cement parking garage!" Ned fired back, leaning over with a sigh and fixing the code Peter had inputted incorrectly. Karen was firing up a moment later.

It had started as an innocent day off at Ned's place, and then Peter had a brilliant idea. Emphasis on brilliant.

"The Avengers aren't getting anywhere looking for Doc Oc, or Hydro or whatever, so I have to do something!" Peter told his friend, pulling on his mask. "Hello, Peter and Ned." Came the voice of his AI. "Hey, Karen." He and Ned said in unison, before Ned continued his argument.

"So what is your plan then?" He asked, almost scared to know. "Well, these people want Spiderman. I'm giving them Spiderman!"

"Have I told you that this is a terrible idea?!" Ned yelled after his friend before Peter was slinging out the window.

Peter knew Tony had monitors all over the city, so he stayed very low-key and high-up, trying not to attract attention. He had some semblence of a plan, which included the giant web he strung on the corner of 6th between two massive skyscrapers. After he managed to catch the guy, he could bring him in for questioning, and take down whatever organization was after him simultaneously proving himself once and for all to the Avengers.

Nice and easy.

He hadn't accounted for Oc to show up so quickly. Had they been monitoring him?

"Hello, little spider." Came the weasley voice, and Peter spun in time to dodge a metal tentacle. "Oh, hey! How'd you get here so fast?" He asked, shooting some webs in his face with no success. Doc Oc laughed. "I should ask what you're doing outside the safety of your little Avengers?"

"I don't need the Avengers to take you down!" Peter leapt off the building, heading for 6th and his trap. Instead, a metal tentacle wrapped around his torso and snatched him out of the air, completely knocking him out of breath. "Sorry, no time to play this time." Came Doc's snarky laugh. Peter struggled fruitlessly, before he was slammed into the cement and knocked out cold.

Doctor Octavious then retracted his arms and waited for the Hydra helicopter to pick up him and his prize.

oOo

Ned paced his room anxiously. It had been twenty minutes, was that too early to call the Avengers? Hed decided Peter never should've done this stupid thing, and he should not have helped. However, he wasn't going to rat out his friend to the Avengers, and instead sat down with a bouncing knee chewing his thumbnail.

Then Peter's phone, abandonded on Ned's desk, began to ring. Uh oh. Please, no...

Ned looked at the caller ID and gasped as he saw Tony Stark flashing on the screen. He couldn't answer it, but he couldn't not answer it either... oh no. Oh crap. He was screwed. He ignored the first call, but had to answer the second one. Peter, please just swing through that window right about now...

He hit answer. Peter did not swing through the window.

"H-hello?"

"You're not Peter... Ned?" Tony growled on the other end, Ned could practically hear his thoughts through the reciever. "Peter never puts his phone down, why do you have it?"

"Uh-um, well, why-why are you calling?"

"Ned. I would like to speak with Peter."

Was that death in his voice? Definitely. Ned was about to be dead. And it rhymed.

"He's not... he's um... well, you see, it's kind of a long story..."

"Ned. Leeds. So help me, I will fly over there..."

"Okay, okay I'm sorry! Peter went out as Spiderman to try to track the people that are hunting him because he said you guys couldn't find anything and I'm really sorry I couldn't stop him and he's been gone for like twenty minutes andIthinkhe'sdeadandit'smyfault!" Ned bit off his rambling with a quivering lip and the other end was silent. "M-mr. Stark..."

"It's fine, Ned. Not your fault. We'll find him."

Tony hung up.

oOo

Peter woke up feeling like his head had just been bashed in and then realizing his was right. His mask was still on, thank goodness, and he wasn't really restrained just in a small dark room. And he was moving. He would've decided he was in a car but then his hearing kicked in.

Helicopter. He was in the back of a helicopter. Oh stars, what had he gotten himself into this time?

Peter couldn't think straight, and probably had a concussion, but tried to find an exit. "Karen," he whispered, "can you scan for any weak spots in the hull of this thing?"

"Scanning. Scan complete. If you go forwards three feet, there is an exit hatch. Latch or button release unknown." Karen revealed, and Peter scrambled fowards, ungracefully smashing his shoulder into the wall. He tapped on the metal, tapped on the floor, and gave out a relieved breath when they sounded different. Karen had been right- the metal in front of him lead to fresh air and not a fuel compartment that would explode.

He quickly webbed himself some gloves, asking Karen if she could send any kind of distress signal and getting the inevitable 'no'. He then punched the metal. Thanks to his spidey strength, his fist went right through, and he bit back a scream as split metal dug into his arm as he tried to pull it back through.

He needed to get out of that helicopter. He punched through the metal with his other fist. He kicked, and tore himself a desperate hole. He heard footsteps racing towards his compartment, but he was already diving through the hole, ignoring the scratches across his back, and plummeting through the sky.

He had to shut his eyes against the free-fall for a second, he'd always been terrified to heights. He opened them and was no less terrified of heights. Peter was out of the helicopter, but now plummeting into an unknown expanse of trees with no idea where he was or how he was supposed to land.

Without, you know, dying.

I told you the drama was back! Peter was kidnapped, and is now falling from a fatal height, and the Avengers and Ned are all freaking out. Where is he anyways?

Well, let's just say he's going to be questioning some footwear choices in the near future.

BTW YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY THE BEST AND I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY BOOKS AND COMMENTING AND MAKING MY DAY AND THIS IS DEDICATED TO EVERYONE READING THIS AND I'M SORRY I TOOK SO LONG

~Meow